Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Boss Monster

Anything goes!
Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Boss Monster

Post by Batboard »

Has anyone played this game, Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game. I was looking at some stuff online and saw the icon for it and I was like.....Is that a NES game :confused: The box art looks like an old box for the blackbox games, and the artwork on the cards are 8-bit! I guess its a side scroller type card game......looks like fun.
Spoiler
k2-_f9817b73-ccf1-42a4-accc-705f1f6af951.v2.jpg
k2-_f9817b73-ccf1-42a4-accc-705f1f6af951.v2.jpg (24.14 KiB) Viewed 4326 times

ThatGuy
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Boss Monster

Post by ThatGuy »

Yep, been playing since beta... supported it on kickstarter.

They just finished their kickstarter for #2. And it hasn't been too long since they came out with the mobile version on various devices.

It's a neat game that tries to capture the old NES side-scroller/rpg games from the Boss's perspective.

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Hmmmmm....guess I'm gonna have to pick it up then....trying to teach my 60+ year old mom and stepdad to play Magic:TG. Maybe they will like this too.

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

This does sound interesting, I will also have to look it up later :nod
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

It was fun. There were a lot of ambiguous situations that we ran into "play this card before the build phase ends" "does the build phase end on this word or 15 seconds later after this next word is said because now you have additional information to play your card" (which is super nitpicky, but hardcore gamers who are crazy competitive, it's relevant... if not healthy). Fun to play.
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

smoni
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by smoni »

I've played this, I quite liked it as a fun, little game which doesn't take itself too seriously.