Big Avengers Projects

non video game related projects...
ladyhathaway
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Big Avengers Projects

Post by ladyhathaway »

Hey, guys :hello:

Long time lurker here, admiring all your big projects! I've just started two (for now) of my own - I'm hoping to do two big Avengers pieces to put up in the blank space in our hall. I used to cross stitch a lot as a kid, and tried to get back into it around this time last year. I had a bit of a disaster, but I'm back in full swing now!

I've literally no idea about making patterns, so I ran this amazing image by Alexaire through Pic2Pat and it came out pretty well, although I'll have to have a think about colour on the eyes and cape. At the moment, I've gone with a greyscale version.

I've made a decent start on the first page over the last couple of days after work.. the gaps aren't as obvious in the flesh:
Spoiler
I'm also going to do the Captain America on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14570

I'm hoping to break them both up with some smaller pieces that will probably be Christmas presents eventually :)

Wish me luck! :grin:
Last edited by ladyhathaway on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

discoqueen
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Big Avengers Projects

Post by discoqueen »

That brothers picture <3

I'll just pitch my tent here to stalk for more updates.
Good luck~

ladyhathaway
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by ladyhathaway »

I've been working on this for a few hours here and there after work, but had the house to myself today so I've pretty much been stitching the whole day!

Here's a progress shot from around midday:
Spoiler
And the end of the day
Spoiler
Finally getting close to the half way point of page 1, and hoping to get another big chunk done tomorrow!

Payday next week means I can go and get the supplies to make a start on the Cap too. It'll be good to jump onto some lighter colours to break up the constant black of Thor :)

ladyhathaway
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by ladyhathaway »

I got the fiddly bit done on page 1 in the black thread, so now I can just stitch the big blocks of colour :)
Spoiler

Xanatos
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Xanatos »

Oh that is AWESOME!
Current WIP: Super Mario World - Main Map (2/20 pages)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Looks like you're making lots of progress! Good luck!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

SuperKJ
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SuperKJ »

It looks so good! Good luck with it and I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress on it. :good:
Current WIPS:
Epic Pokemon Gen I

Mallybird
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Mallybird »

Any updates on this AMAZING project!?
:)

ladyhathaway
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by ladyhathaway »

I had completely forgotten to come back and post updates! I'm almost done with the first page and have had quite a long break. I'm due quite a bit of time off work so hoping to pick this up again and start on some other bits and pieces.

I do have a bit more done on this than you can see as it's a slightly older picture, but everything has been packed away whilst the builders have been in. I'll get a better picture when I start up again.
Spoiler
I'm excited to start on page 2 soon!