First Post -- Lucky Care Bear Bib and Question Authority

non video game related projects...
librebel
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

First Post -- Lucky Care Bear Bib and Question Authority

Postby librebel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi everyone!

I found this forum looking for Mario patterns for a friend's sister's Christmas present and I'm enchanted with the community and the projects. I'm just learning to cross-stitch and haven't tried any sprites (yet) but will do one after I get out from under the pile of patterns I bought on Etsy before I found this great site.

Anyway, this first pic is of the Lucky Care Bear bib I made for my friend's sister (same friend but different sister) who is having a baby in the next couple of months. It wasn't counted cross-stitch but screen printed, yet it kicked off my obsession with the craft. (I always wanted to learn but never had time.) I got it as a kit at a garage sale and am SO glad I did.
HPIM1738.JPG
Lucky Care Bear Bib
HPIM1738.JPG (154.87 KiB) Viewed 1497 times

The other pic is from a pattern I bought off radicalcrossstitch on Etsy. She's got a great shop and I bought a feminist bookmark pattern from her too. The frame I found in JoAnn's and it holds the fabric REALLY taunt. (Unlike the scroll frame I just bought and am debating about giving up on.) But repainting it can be a pain. This one took four coats of acrylic to get that color and there's still a light area. I'll probably make a couple more of this design for the holidays, but I think I'll turn them into pillows instead.
HPIM1738.JPG
Lucky Care Bear Bib
HPIM1738.JPG (154.87 KiB) Viewed 1497 times

Speaking of which, I think if I work fast and stick with small designs I might make it through all my holiday project ambitions! I think my friends are getting a little sick of my asking what 8-bit characters they like though. Will post my next project, which is video game related but doesn't feature characters when I finish it, hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for all the good advice on software, waste fabric, and project ideas!
Attachments
HPIM1740.JPG
Question Authority Plaque
HPIM1740.JPG (94.53 KiB) Viewed 1496 times

nyami
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: First Post -- Lucky Care Bear Bib and Question Authority

Postby nyami » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:34 pm

Love the bibs! I hope to one day do some carebears....it's on my mile long list of projects to do! lol

librebel
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: First Post -- Lucky Care Bear Bib and Question Authority

Postby librebel » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:36 am

Thanks! I'm trying to think of a good project for my old boss who has a toddler (boy). Bibs and towels don't seem like they'd still be neccessary, so I'll probably do a small hat. I really like doing baby stuff right now. :)

Return to “Non Video Game Projects”