Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

I need some Help/advice :D

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
CitrusOda2009co
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

I need some Help/advice :D

Post by CitrusOda2009co »

Im trying to make a cosplay, and for this I wanted to ask you guys for your opinion. I know that most of the people who use this site are experts when it comes to working with fabric. I need to paint a design (a straight blue line going up) on a pair of blue knee highs. What might be the best way to go about this? should I paint them while the socks are on? Im just concerned with them stretching. Thanks for your time and opinions.

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: I need some Help/advice :D

Post by Eliste »

CitrusOda2009co wrote:Im trying to make a cosplay, and for this I wanted to ask you guys for your opinion. I know that most of the people who use this site are experts when it comes to working with fabric. I need to paint a design (a straight blue line going up) on a pair of blue knee highs. What might be the best way to go about this? should I paint them while the socks are on? Im just concerned with them stretching. Thanks for your time and opinions.
You definitely need to do it while the socks are stretched out somehow to ensure it looks the same when you wear it. Wearing them works, although it can get messy!

You also need to make sure you use fabric paint rather than normal art-paint as that will simply crumble off when it dries. If you can't find fabric paint, then you can try fabric dye, although I'd highly suggest having something on between your skin and the socks if you use dye. You need to be careful about how it dries as well. You may find if you take it off and let it dry that it will bleed onto the other parts of the sock, so be careful. Either wear them til they're dry or make sure you have the part that doesn't get painted protected.