Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Cowboy Bebop-Spike Spiegel

non video game related projects...
EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Cowboy Bebop-Spike Spiegel

Post by EdzMasterChief »

Caiella wrote:Oh. My. God. Loving this!! I have a friend who would absolutely adore this XD This would also look great with each of the Bebop's crew in individual frames... Must do that sometime :D
Thanks. I had a lot of friends trying to steal it already or saying to make it for them and such.

Yea I was thinking about doing that too(Making all of them). BUT THERES NO JET PATTERN!! Mojo made Faye, Spike, and Edward(Actually 2 Edward designs) but must have forgotten about Jet. lol. I was think of having them all done in one frame with the big bebop logo in the middle or something.. Idk. If you or anyone else for that matter finds or has a jet pattern point me in the direction please!

EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by EdzMasterChief »

Oh So about the text. Does everyone get it? I was looking for Spike quotes and such and found some cool ones but a lot had to be seen in the context of the scene of the episode and what not. But I just love See You Space Cowboy. The last phrase you see at the end of an episode... Idk. I like it. And thats what counts right? LOL
Spoiler
4218072088_3f282ea71a_o.jpg
4218072088_3f282ea71a_o.jpg (7.67 KiB) Viewed 3190 times

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Caiella »

EdzMasterChief wrote:
Caiella wrote:Oh. My. God. Loving this!! I have a friend who would absolutely adore this XD This would also look great with each of the Bebop's crew in individual frames... Must do that sometime :D
Thanks. I had a lot of friends trying to steal it already or saying to make it for them and such.

Yea I was thinking about doing that too(Making all of them). BUT THERES NO JET PATTERN!! Mojo made Faye, Spike, and Edward(Actually 2 Edward designs) but must have forgotten about Jet. lol. I was think of having them all done in one frame with the big bebop logo in the middle or something.. Idk. If you or anyone else for that matter finds or has a jet pattern point me in the direction please!
I'm just googling Jet pics now, I figure that if you can't find a Jet pattern, make one! :P I'm struggling to find a good picture, and I've been looking for the last 10 or so mins... :banghead: Also, I've got a question for you - what colour did you use for his skin? (Spike's, that is) I have the DMC3855 for it, but it's like a bright yellow colour... So either I've mislabeled it (high possibility), I can't read my own writing and it is, in fact, 3865 like it looks like, or the pattern's weird :P (or I'm doing it right and I can't see the colour properly 'cause of my lack of good daylight) Any advice?

EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by EdzMasterChief »

"I'm just googling Jet pics now, I figure that if you can't find a Jet pattern, make one! :P I'm struggling to find a good picture, and I've been looking for the last 10 or so mins... :banghead: Also, I've got a question for you - what colour did you use for his skin? (Spike's, that is) I have the DMC3855 for it, but it's like a bright yellow colour... So either I've mislabeled it (high possibility), I can't read my own writing and it is, in fact, 3865 like it looks like, or the pattern's weird :P (or I'm doing it right and I can't see the colour properly 'cause of my lack of good daylight) Any advice?"

I used the 3855 and it did look a little off just by its self. Or did you mix it up with the really yellow one? The 445? Thats the only thing that comes to mind when you say bright yellow? The thread that you use on his lapel?

Other advice Id say be carefully with the outline. I had to tear out some of his outline cause i missed something. Oh and when your filling make sure you do you sticthes the same way. I accidently went from doing top right corner to bottom left then top left corner to bottom right.. It doesnt sound like a big deal but you'll be much happier with the results if it was uniform. Good Luck. It is well worth it in the end.

But yea definitly double check on that thread. I wouldnt risk it. Its a lot to fill in :shock: My eyes looked like that <---- in the end. lol

Ed
Oh and if you do find a good Jet pic and pattern it let me know!

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Caiella »

I do believe my mixup with the 3855 was the light - I tried a small stitch with it, and it looked skin colour-ish :P I don't have 445 (...yet) so there's no way I could get it mixed up lol. Working on the outline now... I was so close having to tear his eye out (...literally) but all was good, I counted right XD Lol you're right, it is a lot of filling in... But I'm still looking forward to doing it :D

EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by EdzMasterChief »

Caiella wrote:I do believe my mixup with the 3855 was the light - I tried a small stitch with it, and it looked skin colour-ish :P I don't have 445 (...yet) so there's no way I could get it mixed up lol. Working on the outline now... I was so close having to tear his eye out (...literally) but all was good, I counted right XD Lol you're right, it is a lot of filling in... But I'm still looking forward to doing it :D
Good to hear.. Well good you got it figured out with the colors.. not so much on the almost tearing out. I dont know how but i screwed up on his chin so i had to rip out his throat (literally! lol) and his shirt. So yea just keep on going. It is so worth the effort!