Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Rhaben's Projects

non video game related projects...
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Rhaben's Projects

Post by blackmageheart »

Both are adorbs! The thing I'm really loving the most is the really subtle pattern all over - it makes him look almost scaly in a way. Awesome attention to detail, as ever :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

That was the hardest part to design for this pattern. I must've tried half a dozen ways to make the scales before I hit on the one I used. Thank you for noticing.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love the details you get from the different shades!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Well I suffered for my art on this one. I assembled him while waiting in the doctor's office to find out I had broken my ankle. I've now got to wear a boot for 6 weeks and am using crutches as well. I can put some weight on it, but not much.

Anyway, here is Nighteyes the gray wolf. He is 8 1/2" tall. Some of you will understand the name I gave him, and with my name being Robin Hobbs, I couldn't resist it.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

He's adorable!!!

Sorry to hear that you have a broken ankle!!! Praying that it heals quickly and that the pain is minimal!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

This is a little thing I made for my Mom for Mother's Day. I cross stitched my Dad's handwriting on fiberglass window screen. It says "She was so sweet." The words came from a journal that Dad wrote back in the 1940s when he was away in boot camp for WWII and he and Mom were engaged. We didn't know the journal existed until a few years ago when I found it while cleaning a storage room in Mom's house. Dad died over 12 years ago and this little book has made Mom so happy. He wrote about her quite a bit in it. He was so much in love with her. I swear reading it brought tears to my eyes.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

What a wonderful Mother's Day present for her! SO glad that you found that journal!

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Thank you. Yeah, Mom really loves the journal. She calls it her "ego booster"

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

What a beautiful gift to make for your mother! So personal and lovely. Great job!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Thank you. Mom loved it.

I finally finished my Venus globe. I've been working on this thing for a year now (while working on a bunch of other projects) It is in scale to the other planets I've already made (Earth, our moon and Mars) Next up is Mercury and then to the gas giants. They won't be in scale, probably will be 1/5 or 1/6 scale.

I also thought y'all would like to see how I staged the photos.