Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Zelda BOTW

video game related pattern requests...
amanda_s
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Zelda BOTW

Post by amanda_s »

Anybody up for making a graph for BOTW? I actually want to make a crochet graphagan out of it, so I need it fairly clean, no more than 10 or 15 colors, and about 175-225 by 225-250 stitches.a little bigger or smaller is ok. These are the best images I've been able to find or take myself.

Thank you so much.
Attachments
zelda-2.jpg
the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_master_edition_screencap_01_1280.jpg
the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_master_edition_screencap_01_1280.jpg (16.03 KiB) Viewed 5186 times
Dm0Un5z.jpg
breath-of-the-wild-backstory-explained.png
16938501_1544775215552671_5491736451583605777_n.jpg

amanda_s
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Zelda BOTW

Post by amanda_s »

I have the scroll that I can attempt to take better pics of. I'm mostly interested in the dragon and the swordsman; I don't need it exact. it can have a single line of the guardians, the whole thing doesn't have to have guardians. I don't need the lettering.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I actually have a decent image of this to work from. The only problem is that it's very obviously meant to be on a tapestry like fabric, so you can see the weave in it. It'll take some work to just get Calamity Ganon & the Champion, so as long as you don't mind waiting a while, I'll do it!

Quick question - do you want it to have the changing colours like you see in the image (for example, you can see a number of greens in the Ganon beast) or would you prefer something more straightforward?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

amanda_s
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by amanda_s »

I don't mind a few color changes, but as I'll be using yarn instead of DMC thread I'll be limited in my options. I really appreciate it!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Just wanted to update you with things - I am working on this now! It's proving to be an interesting challenge!
Basically, the images are just to textured to make into a simple pattern, so I am relying on my drawing skills to create something usable! I should be done with it after a few more hours, so please watch this space! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

amanda_s
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by amanda_s »

Very exciting! I can't wait!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Forgot to ask, what file would you like the pattern in? I know you're making it into a graphgan but not sure how you want to look at it if you get my meaning :D
I have made it in PCStitch but can easily do PDFs (in black & white or colour or both!)

amanda_s
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by amanda_s »

I have PC stitch, so it should be fine that way! Thank you!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Alright then! Here we go...

Preview Image:
Spoiler
BOTW Tapestry PR Preview.png
PAT file:
BOTW Tapestry PR.PAT
(166.27 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
(I haven't done PDFs but if anyone wants them I'll do them as well :D )

The bit for the stitchers:
9 colours
225 x 243 stitches
16.07" x 17.36" on 14ct aida

So, I hope this fits what you were asking for, although it actually ended up being on the larger end of your size requirements to make it work better. The colours aren't a definite choice (I know you're going to use yarn anyway) and so I recommend picking out whatever colours you like best based on the original image :)

Please let me know if there's any more I can do!

amanda_s
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by amanda_s »

This is so badass. I cannot wait to get started. Thank you so very much for the effort I know went into this!!