Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pokemon Epic Stitch Redux. (Update 8.8.2016)

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Paige712
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Pokemon Epic Stitch Redux. (Update 9.7.2016)

Post by Paige712 »

Hi everyone just finished another 6 day block for my pokemon stitch and I thought I'd show you all :).

Stats

Time: 135hrs
Stitches Done: 12,655/114,956
% Done: 11.01%
Date: 8.8.2016

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Pokemon Epic Stitch Redux. (Update 8.8.2016)

Post by Firehawke »

Wow...it's really coming along!!! :good:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Jennuh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Jennuh »

You are super fast! This is looking great! :)
Image Image Image

Paige712
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Paige712 »

Update for Pokémon stitching. I'm excited for the 3rd row for we have Lapras, Vaporeon, Jolteon and Gyarados!

Stitch stats.
Time: 166hrs
Stitches Done: 15,632/114,956
% Done: 13.60%
Date: 6.9.2016

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You've been busy and it looks great!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

jdayem
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by jdayem »

Hey - I have a quick question. I am doing the same pattern, but it's my first real stitching so I don't know a whole lot. Is there a reason why you don't cut your strings and leave them hanging in the front? I usually cut mine as soon as I'm done with the color, but I feel like I'm doing it wrong...

Thanks for any help, and it looks great btw :) I really like the red vs blue background you did

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You're not doing anything wrong at all!!!

Some of us use a technique commonly referred to as "parking." Basically, when you are done with a color in an area, you carry it over to where you need it next and literally park the thread and needle. That way, it's ready to go when you are ready for it!

My experience with this technique has taught me that when I do this I start and stop threads less often, my back is sometimes neater, it saves me some time, and if I messed up and the thread I used is still "live," it's often easier to fix (I hate picking out my knots). But, I do have to double check where I park things to a) make sure it's in the right place and b) it's the color/symbol I think it is. I've gotten into the habit of putting all of my bobbins for the colors that I have parked in a separate spot in my thread caddy (or I grab an spare container of whatever size I need) so that it's easier to figure out what color/symbol it is. And, there will be times when I have to just sit with my project and untangle it a bit :P

Whether or not you park your threads is totally up to you and what works best for you! (example, I park my threads constantly, my mom (who taught me to stitch and has stitched for YEARS) doesn't (actually, to quote her, she "does not, cannot, will not" :P ))

Hope this helps!

Can't wait to see your progress!

Paige712
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Pokemon Epic Stitch Redux. (Update 24.12.2016)

Post by Paige712 »

Hi guys a double update for you since I forgot to upload the last one.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love seeing your progress! And how fun that you are keeping track of that information on your pictures!