Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches video game things!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches video game things!

Post by CitrusOda »

Wow the details on your projects are amazing! *High Five*
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!! :nod

I'm really loving this pattern...and it seems to be going at a very good pace! A lot of the details really pop thanks to there being SO many colors...99! Oddly enough, when I recharted it before I started (decided to do myself a favor and just have a 100x100 pattern, since I always seem to have to add on to get to the 6"x6" size), not only did some colors change, but there were 2 less :P
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Another update...I've been busy this week!
Spoiler
Thinking there might not be an update next week...planning on doing a big Special Olympics scarves push.
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Wow, it's coming along quickly and looks great!
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!

I starting working on the next floor...hoping to have a bit more done for next Tuesday's update, but those scarves (and not to mention the new event going on on Secret Society: Hidden Mystery) keep calling me :P

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Day late on my weekly update...and one from mom, too! I was able to get about 800 stitches done on Saturday alone (and since the last update, I also knitted 4 scarves!) Most of mom's stitching was also done on Saturday (we had a classic movie marathon). Mom was incredibly pleased that she got so much done (and she should be!!! A little background info...mom has a lot of health problems, including brain damage from a staph infection, leukemia, a brain tumor at the base of her brain, and MS. We hope that the problems that she's been having with her eyes recently and the severe headaches she's been having is from the MS. She's having an MRI on Monday that will hopefully show plaquing on her optic nerves and hopefully they are able to tweak her meds to keep that at bay...that's the best case scenario.)

Without further ado, something fun to make up for the depressing news above (and thanks for not minding me share...it's been a long couple of weeks), updates!!!
Spoiler

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Oh I'm sorry to hear about all of Momhawke's problems, I do hope that she gets some help with all that soon. Is the Mario stitch hers? It's looking really good, as is yours! Keep it up, 'hawkes!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Ashlene
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Ashlene »

Wow looking great! Sorry to hear about your mom. It looks like you two got some great quality time stitching together. I should get my husband to start crafting with me. :D Hope she gets to feeling better soon.
Current Projects:
  • Epic Pokemong Gen 1 - pg. 2/30
    Banjo Kazooie scene for charity quilt
    Finn Faces
    Giant Octopus Amigurumi

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks, guys!

Yup, the Mario one is hers. No update from her today. She did get some done, but she feels not enough for a picture :P She had her MRI and as we suspected (and hoping), the MS is at work again, so med changes are in her future.

Another update from me, though...I got a lot done, more than I was expecting (thanks in part to some unexpected time at home due to needing to rest and recover from accidentally eating a couple of crumbs of chocolate cake)!
Spoiler

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Looking good! Hope your Mom isn't feeling too bad. Tell her there's no rush for the square and to take it easy - Black Mage Orders! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...