Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2016/2017

Post by Mishatu »

Firehawke wrote: (she prefers paper patterns...and people say that we are exactly alike...we don't even do our stitches in the same direction!)
I'm sorry, this part just cracked me up so badly. Thank you for unintentionally starting my day off fantastically.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Mishatu wrote:
Firehawke wrote: (she prefers paper patterns...and people say that we are exactly alike...we don't even do our stitches in the same direction!)
I'm sorry, this part just cracked me up so badly. Thank you for unintentionally starting my day off fantastically.
Glad I could help! :P

Seriously...my mom goes top right to bottom left, then top left to bottom right. I'm the opposite...top left to bottom right, then top right to bottom left. My brain can't handle the other way (I work in a library...starting in the top left corner of something and working my way to the bottom right is ingrained in me from years of shelving, shelf reading, and shifting). If we ever work on the same project, I have to rotate the pattern and the aida 90 degrees to get all of the stitches going my "normal" way :tease:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

BritRo
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BritRo »

Here's my update.
I'm on the last two colors!
Woohoo!!
Spoiler
Sorry about the Instagram filter, it looks completely different on my phone than it does on the computer.
My phone makes the colors more bolder yet the computer makes it look more...foggy?
"You shouldn't have done that..."

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yay for being on the last two colors!!!

It's always funny to see how different devices treat colors!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

BritRo
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BritRo »

I made a pattern for the second square I wanna do; Tales of Phantasia for the GBA!
I looooved this game when it came out in middle school.
When I'm finished with my first square I'm gonna take my time on my second one and focus more on making patterns for my etsy shop.
I added my second square to the .doc

I also did a third design, but I think I will save it for the next quilt, I don't want there to be too many Pokemon squares.
"You shouldn't have done that..."

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Those look great...it will be so fun to see your updates!

I also updated the doc...picked out what I want to do after I finish my Story of Seasons block. Since I'm currently hooked on Kairosoft games, I decided to do a square from Mega Mall Story! I have the aida and the pattern...and all but 19 of the 101 colors (I'm a glutton for DMC punishment :P )
Attachments
MMS edit 2.png
MMS edit 2.png (9.98 KiB) Viewed 4512 times

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

Finally started my design for my undertale square! I wasn't sure what scene to pick. If I went for a battle all the white and black would drive me crazy! I considered doing the yellow flowers at the beginning, or when
Spoiler
you meet sans to be judged
or when you meet papyrus, but I ended up going with umbrella guy as the music is such a great part of the game and this brings it to mind.
musicbox.png
musicbox.png (3.93 KiB) Viewed 4465 times
kg chart picked some awful colours and even thought some of them were too close and combined them despite me telling it to use 100s of colours. I had to make some of the walls bright green and orange for the import step and then assign the colours myself by changing them. My local craft store had a 50% off stocktake sale recently, so got some half price aida to get started with!
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Good news! I don't have to rely on what little bit of natural light I had access to early in the mornings on the weekends for light any more! We (meaning mom) called in yesterday morning and reported that the AC in our apartment wasn't working properly (we hit 90 inside...and my bedroom was at 75% relative humidity on Monday morning...had to go buy a dehumidifier (June's been and EXPENSIVE month!) which took out a lot of water, but also added to the heat). Last night, I was able to sleep in a comfy below 70 degrees apartment, all thanks to our brand new state of the art window AC unit (feeling SO blessed!). It was even cool enough last night before bed that I got to work on my Story of Seasons block a bit!

Here's the latest update!
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Another update...getting close to finishing this one!
Spoiler

Squeakielover
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Squeakielover »

O k signed up for this this time Got to get the aida BUT I am gonna do Alex Kidd and Bubsy.