Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Rhaben's Projects

non video game related projects...
rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Rhaben's Projects

Post by rhaben »

Thank you. I am making/am going to make other characters. Ron is awaiting assembly, and Hermione is on my Q-snaps. I'm going to have to make a larger than normal one for Hagrid.

acidMiasma
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by acidMiasma »

:shock: You. Are. Incredible!
Seriously awesome stuff. I love the French bulldog! (and the other dogs of course!)
Image:: Mia
:: This statement is false.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

:swoon: :shock: I <3 <3 <3 me some Harry Potter (I am currently re-listening to the 2nd book for like the bizillionth time :P ) I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Harry Potter doll and can't wait to see the others!!

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Weasley is our king!

I had a slight delay in getting this one finished. I visited my Mom and got suckered into a massive clean-up project for her. Otherwise he would've been done last week, but here is Ron Weasley.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

He looks great!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

The trio is done! I finished Hermione over the weekend. She is a bit different from the others, due to her skirt. I had to make a new body piece to make it work.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Hermione looks fun!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

OK, so this isn't of a finished piece, but of a tool instead.
I've been working on an afghan as a Christmas present for my mom and HATED how hot it has been making me. I live in NC and it has been hotter than hell here (yes, we have air conditioning, but still) So I decided to make a floor stand to get this damn thing off of my lap. I used CPVC tubing because the clips from my Q-snaps fit it. We had a bunch of the tubing and fittings already around, although I did have to get 5 elbows and one cap setting me back $3. I know lots of others have made stands out of PVC, but this one has a twist, literally. I used a couple of unions that allow me to rotate the piece so I can get to the back.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Wow!!! I never would have thought to try that...it looks great! You have many, many talents!

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Thank you. I worked retail display for over 17 years. I learned how to use many tools and also how to use materials in ways they weren't intended to be used. Hell, I even installed a water heater in our workshop when we couldn't get the engineering dept. to do it. Something like this is actually really easy to make as long as you have a way to cut the tubing. I used an electric miter saw, but a hand tubing cutter will work as well.