Epic Pokemon Pattern Generation I

Post your completed patterns here...
lexbubbles
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Epic Pokemon Pattern Generation I

Post by lexbubbles »

Hi!

This is my first post on this forum and I signed up specifically to reply to this thread.

I want to thank OP for these beautiful charts. I'm not a cross-stitcher (never could get into it). I'm... a knitter. And I'm knitting this. All of it. Using a few less colours, because having 104? 105? different colours of yarn would probably drive me insane, and some of them are close enough to each other in colour that it's not going to bother me. I'm only approximating, anyway.

Have approximately 2-and-a-quarter charts done so far and it's going to be absolutely huge - like blanket-sized.
IMG_7152.JPG
IMG_7152.JPG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 12722 times
(Size so far is approx. 13 x 18")

Massive respect to anyone cross-stitching this as well :clap: you're the real heroes here. Good luck!

(if people are interested in seeing knitted-version progress I can post back here as I complete sections of it)

Lex

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I don't think I've seen anyone attempt to knit this! I am super impressed at your progress, and I hope you will come back and keep us updated with your progress! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

lexbubbles
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by lexbubbles »

blackmageheart wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone attempt to knit this! I am super impressed at your progress, and I hope you will come back and keep us updated with your progress! :D
Haha, yes I think I might be the first! I've just seen there's a WIP thread for this madness though, so I shall post updates over there.

Currently waiting on a yarn delivery before I can continue - didn't have any dusky pink/purple suitable for weezing :banghead: (knitting chart #6 right now, to go underneath chart #1. Sort of working diagonally). Should hopefully get a bunch more colours in a day or two though, and then I should have an update a couple days after that.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

What a great idea! It is looking wonderful...keep up the great work! :good:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

xiebeiyi
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by xiebeiyi »

This is so amazing! Tanks!
But why all the ".sth" file is not available anymore? Really want to download it and start the work.

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

xiebeiyi wrote:This is so amazing! Tanks!
But why all the ".sth" file is not available anymore? Really want to download it and start the work.
It looks like a lot of the file extensions disappeared in the forum update - Lord Libidan has asked Johloh to restore them so they should be back soon.
Image Image Image Image

LynnMarieWolfe
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by LynnMarieWolfe »

:pika :pika :pika I am actually on the last page for this pattern! I'm so excited to get it finished I've been working on it for a while now. Cross stitching this sure takes a long time! If anyone wants to see a picture when its done I will gladly post it!

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

LynnMarieWolfe wrote::pika :pika :pika I am actually on the last page for this pattern! I'm so excited to get it finished I've been working on it for a while now. Cross stitching this sure takes a long time! If anyone wants to see a picture when its done I will gladly post it!
Please do, we love seeing awesome stitches :D

LynnMarieWolfe
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by LynnMarieWolfe »

I finished it today! I'm so excited to finally be done! :pika :pika
Attachments
15940772_10208279520893559_351522087154512615_n.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Wow...congrats on finishing! It looks great!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson