Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Languages...

Anything goes!
jocy666
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Languages...

Post by jocy666 »

I'm a native spanish speaker but I have studied english from my childhood. Unfortunately I don't have anybody with whom to practice, so it is not perfect (my pronunciation is awful), but I think I can survive if I have to talk =P

At the college, I studied basic japanese, but I have forgotten everything because I didn't practice it :cry: Now I started to study some german, let's see if I learn the basics haha

SuperKJ
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SuperKJ »

I find languages so interesting but I need to set aside more time to really study them. I do want to learn more.

I'm a native English speaker and I have an A Level in German. I'd like to learn more and become more fluent.
Current WIPS:
Epic Pokemon Gen I

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

Wow its really amazing all the diferrent languages that you all know
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Native English Speaker but I've been studying German on and off since high school (1993 - present). Currently trying to buckle down and really learn it through Duolingo. My husband is learning Irish so I'm very slowly picking up bits and pieces of that as well (it is also on Duolingo but I'm having issues with the pronunciations).

Jojoe
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Jojoe »

blackmageheart wrote:
Jojoe wrote:My native language is Swedish, I'm quite fluent in English and I know some Spanish (just basic stuff - learned it in school when i was about 12). Everyone in Sweden learns english in school so we are all more or less fluent in it over here.
I have found that many people on the continent speak excellent English. At what age do you start learning English in Sweden? I visited Germany when I was young, and had some wonderful conversations with the other kids there. We were about 13, though - they told me they'd been learning English since they were small children, while my group had only been learning German for about 18 months at that point.
We start learning English when we are about 7-9 years old. :)
'Tis one thing to be tempted, another thing to fall.

valliera
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by valliera »

French is my native language (I am a French Canadian) I speak English too. We have many French translations for books, movies, games, etc. Problem is that they are mainly made in France and we speak a very different French here. So I mostly prefer English original versions.

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

valliera wrote:French is my native language (I am a French Canadian) I speak English too. We have many French translations for books, movies, games, etc. Problem is that they are mainly made in France and we speak a very different French here. So I mostly prefer English original versions.

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk
C'est cool!
I'm glad to know that there are other French Canadians on here, I live in Alberta with a non existing French population. I can understand the difficulties of French Canadian Vs. France French.
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth