Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: PC Stitch 10

Post by Lalina »

Woo! I just purchased a copy myself. This is so awesome. :clap:
Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been wanting PCStitch for awhile but kept talking myself out of it because of the $50 price tag. $20 is so much better :grin:
Thanks kuja.girl!
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

Despite being 4 years old, it still works! Thanks kuja!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Questions about the program...does it require an internet connection to work? I've thought a little about getting it, but I don't have internet at home.

Thanks!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Firehawke wrote:Questions about the program...does it require an internet connection to work? I've thought a little about getting it, but I don't have internet at home.

Thanks!
Only for the mythical updates (of which there hasn't been one in, like, forever). Apart from that, I don't believe it needs internet to work once installed. I've never had any trouble using it when my 'net has gone down, anyway!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

blackmageheart wrote:
Firehawke wrote:Questions about the program...does it require an internet connection to work? I've thought a little about getting it, but I don't have internet at home.

Thanks!
Only for the mythical updates (of which there hasn't been one in, like, forever). Apart from that, I don't believe it needs internet to work once installed. I've never had any trouble using it when my 'net has gone down, anyway!
Thanks!!! May have to give some serious thought into putting this on my birthday/Christmas wishlist!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

i was thinking of either getting pc stitch or the paid version on kg chart. cost really isn't an issue for me, its more the quality of the program. i am use to kg chart, and its quirks...but the free version only goes up to 500x500...and my next project will be much larger then that - what is the max size in pc stitch? also, is it easy to use?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

samarin wrote:i was thinking of either getting pc stitch or the paid version on kg chart. cost really isn't an issue for me, its more the quality of the program. i am use to kg chart, and its quirks...but the free version only goes up to 500x500...and my next project will be much larger then that - what is the max size in pc stitch? also, is it easy to use?
Neither paid versions have size limits, and are both very similar.
PC Stitch is slightly less intuitive, but has a few more features.
I have both, and I like KG Chart considerably more. Unless you're doing super crazy stitches you won't use PC Stitch's extra features. However, the major issue I have with PC Stitch are the poor colour picks; they just suck.

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

thanks! i picked up pc stitch, can't go wrong for $20, ans i like it for the most part. it seems like pc stitch does a better job with photo-realistic images than the free kg chart. does the paid kg chart have a better color range for dmc? the version i am using only has about 200 colors.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

samarin wrote:thanks! i picked up pc stitch, can't go wrong for $20, ans i like it for the most part. it seems like pc stitch does a better job with photo-realistic images than the free kg chart. does the paid kg chart have a better color range for dmc? the version i am using only has about 200 colors.
Both versions of KGChart use the 447 DMC colours - not sure if the paid one has been updated with the new colours but I believe it has some other threads too. The free one you're using will only let you use up to 214 colours from the palette at once, I don't know about the paid one.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...