Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

What are you watching now and why?

Anything goes!
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: What are you watching now and why?

Post by blackmageheart »

Firehawke wrote:Is "The Prisoner" the Patrick McGoohan series? Love that one!
OMG, one of my favourite shows of all time. :)

I don't know if this counts, but I've been watching a Metal Gear Solid longplay on Youtube with Ivy. She has some of the music on her mp3 player and kept asking about the game, but my disc went west a very long time ago. So we ended up watching it instead. She's really enjoying it and is totally invested in the story. :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

Recently watched season eight of Doctor Who (we got rid of cable halfway through it airing) and wanted more of that universe, so finally started Torchwood. I'm almost done with season two. Pretty good show. Captain Jack is always fun to look at.

Kittendumpling
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Kittendumpling »

Firehawke wrote:Is "The Prisoner" the Patrick McGoohan series? Love that one!
That's the one! We're 3 episodes from the end. We've been watching it in a fan-written order that makes more narrative sense than the original broadcast order.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Kittendumpling wrote:That's the one! We're 3 episodes from the end. We've been watching it in a fan-written order that makes more narrative sense than the original broadcast order.
If I remember, Patrick McGoohan himself said there were about 7 or so episodes that were important to the narrative, the rest were just to pad out the show's length (something to do with American tv, I think). Will double check in the companion book :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yay...so many Prisoner fans!

If I remember correctly, there was even an episode that was originally a supposed to be a script for "Danger Man"...I have that show on DVD, too, just haven't made it all the way through yet :P
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Kittendumpling
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Kittendumpling »

There's also the body-swap episode that only existed because Patrick McGoohan was away doing a film at the time, so they had to find an excuse to use a different actor.

I'm about to start converting the 'Vote for No. 6' poster into a chart. The pic needs cleaning up, colour-wise, before I convert it.

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Hubby and I recently finished off the first season of Mr. Robot. Very interesting show that's kind of a mix of V for Vendetta and Fight Club. LOL! I also watched the Spike miniseries Tut and started on The Lizzie Borden Chronicles while I'm stitching stuff for my swap partner.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Kittendumpling wrote:There's also the body-swap episode that only existed because Patrick McGoohan was away doing a film at the time, so they had to find an excuse to use a different actor.

I'm about to start converting the 'Vote for No. 6' poster into a chart. The pic needs cleaning up, colour-wise, before I convert it.

Can't wait to see what you end up with! Good luck!

Got the next season of Star Trek: The Next Generation last weekend, so I've been watching that. And only last year's Christmas special left to watch and I'll be through rewatching all of the eps before Saturday's premiere of Doctor Who!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Firehawke wrote:And only last year's Christmas special left to watch and I'll be through rewatching all of the eps before Saturday's premiere of Doctor Who!
OMG these two first episodes of Doctor Who! Starting off with a bang! Methinks this is going to be a great season!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I agree!!! Can't wait to watch the season unfold!

Been pulling out some classic Doctor Who stories and the Peter Cushing movies.

And Lego Star Wars DVDs :P