Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

LoZ Anniversary Pattern

video game related pattern requests...
Torene
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

LoZ Anniversary Pattern

Post by Torene »

So, I'm a ditz and realized I posted this in the wrong forum (mostly because I wasn't paying enough attention). :banghead: I have since deleted that thread (since mine was the only post in it), and am reposting it properly here.
Hello all,
I have never made a pattern before, and am failing at modifying an existing one, and so if someone would be willing to put together a pattern for me I would be forever in your debt.
I get married last August, and for our anniversary I really would like to do something similar to viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1946 but with a few twists...I like the rupees and I like the crest and Link and Zelda (ofc), but above Link and Zelda I want the Old Man and the bonfires, and above him I want it to say "It's dangerous to go alone! Take her." And then beneath Link and Zelda I want our names (John & Kimberly), and beneath that our wedding date (August 16, 2014). So in my head I'm envisioning something like this:

It's dangerous to go
alone! Take her.

bonfire Old Man bonfire

Link heart Zelda

John & Kimberly
August 16, 2014

With the rupee border and the crest at the bottom. I think it would also be really cool if the background was black and the lettering was white (I'll be stitching the background).

I'd prefer 18 ct Aida I think, but if at all possible not ridiculously huge - thinking maybe 10 x 15 inches, although I'm flexible. Whatever colors it takes is what it takes.

Thanks so much!

Knittenkitten
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: LoZ Anniversary Pattern

Post by Knittenkitten »

I'm working on this right now and I have a few questions. If you are wanting the background to be black and lettering white what color do you want the crest to be? Right now it is all black. This is what I have so far.
LoZ Anniversary.png
LoZ Anniversary.png (3.99 KiB) Viewed 5968 times
WIPs:
LoZ:LTTP Map (page 13 of 15)
Save the Stitches Blackwork
Frederick the Literate Kit
Butterfly Scroll Kit
Rainbow Gallery's Specialty Stitch Alphabet

JulieK
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by JulieK »

If you didn't want to stitch in the background if you are having it all black you could use a piece of black coloured aida fabric. The crest would look swish in the gold metallic sort of embroidery thread.

I am also useless at patterns so can't help there

Julie

Torene
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Torene »

Wow that looks awesome! I think I agree with gold or gold metallic for the crest. And yes, I know I could do it on black Aida but I think it'd look so much better with black stitches instead :grin:
I can't thank you enough!!

Knittenkitten
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Knittenkitten »

Alright. I'll change the color and post the pattern later tonight after I get home from work.
WIPs:
Butterfly Scroll Kit

Knittenkitten
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Knittenkitten »

Here you go. I strongly suggest you check the colors before stitching. KG-Chart is notorious for picking odd colors.
LoZ Anniversary.sth
(29.94 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
LoZ Anniversary.pdf
(869.5 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
WIPs:
Butterfly Scroll Kit

Torene
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Torene »

Thanks so so so much. I started a little bit today, but was getting annoyed at the white Aida showing through the black stitches, so I think I'm going to get some black Aida on Monday and start again. Of course this will mean the black Aida showing through slightly probably with the noon black stitches, but I don't think that will bother me as much. I hope.

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

Torene wrote:Thanks so so so much. I started a little bit today, but was getting annoyed at the white Aida showing through the black stitches, so I think I'm going to get some black Aida on Monday and start again. Of course this will mean the black Aida showing through slightly probably with the noon black stitches, but I don't think that will bother me as much. I hope.
I cross stitch on black A LOT, and at least for me, seeing black peeking though white (or any other color) is a lot less noticeable (or at least less noteworthy) than white peeking through black stitches.