Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Introductions

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
jmdennisyourface
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Introductions

Post by jmdennisyourface »

Hi, I'm Jeff, from the Chicago suburbs. I started x-stitching in October 2007, but haven't been doing much since February. I'm working on an Excite Bike project that's taking way too long for how simple it is. Some of my projects are shown on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63776135@N00/

KidArtemis
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by KidArtemis »

Hi! I'm Jen, I'm 19, a culinary student and just recently turned to xstitching. I mean, I've done xstitching when I was young but then I was impatient and never really completed anything. Now, I'm 19 and turn to it as a way to relax. I love arts and crafts (particularly crocheting) to show off my geeky side.

Oh yeah, if anyone reads Game Master magazine, I made the Mario Suspenders cozy (I forget what page it's on) :mrgreen:

If anyone has Mario Kart Wii or Brawl, I'd be happy to challenge anyone (hint: I'm really easy to beat :D )

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

Wow, we've got the same name AND age lol. That's an odd coincedence, considering how few members there are :) Welcome and enjoy your stay!
Image Image

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

Hi, I'm Amanda and I'm from Middle of Nowhere, Ohio, USA. I'm 25 and have been stitching since my mom tried to teach me to sew when I was maybe 12? All I remember is that I broke her sewing machine, she tried to teach me to knit, and I got all tangled up in the thread....about a week later, I wanted to try again and she showed me a really little 6 heart pattern off a towel. I completed it with a big mess and did a bunch of other little bear and heart patterns.

Fast forward a few years, and I found a pattern for a full-size Monopoly board in a craft store, purchased it, and spent almost two full summers working to complete it. Once that was done, I was done with bears and hearts and wanted something else fun. Finding nothing, I gave up and started making my own patterns. Johloh put my Zelda work on the site already (thanks by the way) and I have a few others to show off at some point.

I stitched the Companion Cube Best Friends Forever that was on here, and boy was that cute! I stitched the entire thing while my husband played through the game, with his PC connected to our HDTV.

Anyway, long story and all that, but I am loving the ideas I'm getting from the site and from all of you, and I hope I can contribute back.
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Hi I'm Ali from Lancashire, England. I been cross stitching a few years now and when I found this site I was over the moon. Johloh's posted a couple of my completed projects on here so far (the patterns came from here too, thanks all).So far I done Bitter Luigi and frog Mario.

At the moment I'm doing a christening pattern and fish pattern of my own design for friends but after that I looking into doing one of the patterns from this site. I think I may do the Pit one (brawl) for my 9 year olds wall. He's really into SSBB at the moment.

I have a 2 year old too that loves trying to play on the Wii and my crazy partner who loves playing Mario Kart.

In the signature below I designed and stitched the Eledee and the other sprites. (A friend over at w-o-n.org made the signature for me).
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Icedevimon
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Icedevimon »

This isn't technically an intro, but given the circumstances.

I was and am Icedevimon13, but for some reason, after messing with the different skins, my account became sort of 'locked' where every form I tried to complete was 'invalid'. I couldn't post, pm, or change the skin! THE SKIN WAS SERENITY. Just a warning to anyone who wants a different look to the forum, don't select that one. All of the others had worked fine to my knowledge.

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

thanks ice, I deleted that skin and switched your old account to a different one, should work now...
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

Awesome, thanks it does work again :) If you want you can delete the place holder account I had made, or just leave it to rot, it doesn't matter to me.
Image Image

lunarjade
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by lunarjade »

Figures I always find the introduction thread afterwards. Though I had to check the projects threads first just to see what was in them.
My name is Heather. I reside in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I found sprite stitch while I was looking for geeky crafts.
I haven't really done much in the way of cross stitch but I do lots of sewing and like to crochet, knit, hand sew and machine sew. I've just started getting into quilting and embroidery.

I have a deviantart account here: http://lunarjadestyles.deviantart.com/

I'm thinking of trying to sell some stuff on etsy eventually. Although most stuff I've ever made has been a gift or been made specifically for someone I knew, so I'm not so sure how motivated I'd be to make something just for the purpose of selling.

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

Lunarjade, that is one awesome Toad costume! The hat is so cute!
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia