Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Star Wars Imperial Assault Minis

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
Siva
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Star Wars Imperial Assault Minis

Post by Siva »

This isn't technically a video game, but it's a board game dungeon crawler, close enough right? My boyfriend picked up this game shortly before christmas, and I have been painting like crazy ever since. So far I am have spent around 70 hours painting, luckily I had 2 weeks off of work during the holidays so I had plenty of free time. There is still an AT-ST, Luke Skywalker, and around 5 more hereos to paint before I am done.

Also this is a fantastic board game!! I have played Descent for years and this is an improved reskinned version of that game. I highly reccomend it to any star wars fan or board gamer :)

Here are the pics:

Imperial Guards, Droids, Stormtroopers with big guns
Spoiler
5.JPG
5.JPG (263.37 KiB) Viewed 4637 times
Nexu
Spoiler
4.JPG
4.JPG (298.33 KiB) Viewed 4637 times
Darth Vader (still needs some touch ups), a Wookie, & a Smuggler
Spoiler
3.JPG
3.JPG (141.36 KiB) Viewed 4637 times
Trandoshans & Imperial Officers
Spoiler
1.JPG
1.JPG (204.98 KiB) Viewed 4637 times
Stormtroopers
Spoiler
IMG_3074.JPG
IMG_3074.JPG (118.19 KiB) Viewed 4637 times

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Star Wars Imperial Assault Minis

Post by Pyper »

They look great :) How large are they? What paints are you using?

I have been meaning to get into painting minis, my SO has an unpainted 40K Eldar army lying around. I'm starting to get the hang of washes, but dry brushing still eludes me.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

They do look good! I used to paint a few minis now and then, my SO is into Warmachine so I've done a few in the last year or so. I don't think mine were as good as these though!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Siva
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Siva »

They look great :) How large are they? What paints are you using?.

I have been meaning to get into painting minis, my SO has an unpainted 40K Eldar army lying around. I'm starting to get the hang of washes, but dry brushing still eludes me
Here's a pic for a size comparison, all the minis (excluding the AT-ST) are smaller than a lego man.
Spoiler
IMG_3115.JPG
IMG_3115.JPG (98.92 KiB) Viewed 4596 times
I use citadel paints mostly, but I have a random mix of brands that friends and promos have given me over the past year. Dry brushing can be a huge pain, I normally only use it for hair and fur because it can be messy and imprecise. Instead of dry brushing I slowly add 2-6 layers of paint on top of the wash (while avoiding what I want to stay dark) until I get the proper color. It is MUCH slower but if you like the slightly grittier look it works well. A good comparison is the imperial guards or nexus (dry brush) verses any of the other minis (layering).

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

These are fantastic! I played this for the first time last weekend and really enjoyed it. You've painted them wonderfully
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/