Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super-lazy but handy fabric items

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
LPSM
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Super-lazy but handy fabric items

Post by LPSM »

I've been pretty busy lately, but had a need to make a couple of Lemmings-related fabric-based items.

These are probably the laziest things I've ever put together, but they're pretty handy and I'm happy with them, so I figured that I'd post them here. :thumbsup:

This one is the Oh No! cleaning cloth. It's just an 8"x8" swatch of my Oh No! tribute fabric from Spoonflower, with the white edges cut off using pinking shears. The swatch was printed on Performance Knit (for those unfamiliar with it, it's a synthetic knit fabric with superb colour reproduction, which doesn't fade when washed), which has very good wicking properties, and as such it makes for a good cleaning cloth.

And last but not least, here's a small bag with a piece of the remainder of the custom Lomax fabric that was used for the lining of my Lomax-themed dice bag attached to the front of it. I simply used my pinking shears (again) to cut out a piece of the fabric, and then used permanent fabric glue to apply it to the front of a 10cmx12cm pre-made drawstring bag from online craft supplies shop, Baker Ross. This was made (if you can call this "making" something! ;) ) in order to keep the three current Rory's Story Cubes Mix expansions together within my dice bag. That set contains a few dice that are themed after medieval folk tales and fairytales, so I figured that using fabric featuring Lomax, who is himself from the lemmings' Medieval Tribe, would allow me to quickly locate that dice set when I need it.

BooChocoBoom
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Super-lazy but handy fabric items

Post by BooChocoBoom »

You've made me a Spoonflower addict thanks to things like these. :good:
Current projects:
Leftover swap gifts
HP House Scarves
Secret of Mana charity square
Vid game advent calendar

LPSM
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Super-lazy but handy fabric items

Post by LPSM »

Haha, thanks, and glad to be of service! :lol: It is a fantastic site, and the quality of the fabric (at least Performance Knit, which is the one I tend to stick to) is amazing.