Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Why I haven't been x-stitching as heavily.

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
AlisterNix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Why I haven't been x-stitching as heavily.

Post by AlisterNix »

I recently got a membership with an orginization called Tech Shop. They have laser cutters, vaccumn formers and all sorts of really cool toys. I've been spending my weekends there and after two months the fruits of my labors are two models from Animal Crossing. They are about 3.5 tall by 5 wide by 3 deep.

Lit from inside by a 9volt led setup they also use dollhouse parts for the exterior accessories. The awning on the beige building is handmade, as well as both fixtures on the pink building.

For those familiar with the game the train station is next.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Why I haven't been x-stitching as heavily.

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I have not played the game and am only familiar with it because of the people here who play it, but those are freaking awesome! I have always loved those little villages that have the lights and stuff. Those two look like the beginnings of a neat little village.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

So cute!!! Good luck with the train station!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

I am only midly familiar with the game but one doesnt have to be familiar to recognize the awesomeness of those. The detail is impressive and the lights look so cool. I wish there was a tech shop near me (although there very well could be, Ive never looked into it) as I would love to make stuff like that as well. I envision custom made buildings around a train set! Geat Job!

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

OH MY JUMPING GECKOS!!!!

These are freaking amazing!! Awesome in the true sense of the word :clapping:
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

As a scale papermodeler, I love mini models. These hit all the right buttons! They're excellently made and really charming.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.