Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

My sewing machine

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

My sewing machine

Post by Batboard »

I went to this auction that happens twice a month around here and saw they had this sewing machine. I bid 30$ and won.....sweet....Now to clean it up and learn how to sew :blush: I wanted to get a sewing machine for a while but just couldn't budget it in and this came along....soooo happy. I want to make some sprite quilts like i see people on here make. Anyone want to come to Florida and teach me.. :help:
Spoiler

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: My sewing machine

Post by Eliste »

Its beautiful. I love that old type of machine. They're so gorgeous. Is it pedal controlled?

(and my god that price!)

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Firestarterr »

That is gorgeous and that price is amazing! :clapping: I have a push pedal but it is missing a part and I don't know what. It needs to go to a professional but it is hard finding one in Wyoming, I think I need to go to Colorado :banghead:

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by no_need »

Oh, that is gorgeous! I'm jealous :P
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

so beautiful! Love that it's treadle controlled. :clap:

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

That is a thing of beauty!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Found a local repair shop in town and he said everything is fine, sold me a new band, I broke the other one there, it was pretty old, got some needles and I am just getting it pretty......Now I have to find a basic sewing class, then figure out how to apply it to this type of machine. THEN.....work away to get good enough to do anything with it. I need to stop trying to learn soooo many things. I get to spend about 30 mins a day maybe on differant things. Music, stitching, sewing, NES, ect.... Im almost done with my Tetris title screen WIP, got a mat cutter for my framing, (another thing I'm learning) and still have to finish my SMB3 stage 1 WIP before I can start on other things......I need more TIME!!!!!!! :cray: :banghead:

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Batboard wrote:Now I have to find a basic sewing class, then figure out how to apply it to this type of machine.
Applying it to your machine honestly won't be that hard. Sewing machines have only gotten more complicated then so if you can do simple basic sewing on a modern machine, you'll be able to transition that to your machine without any real effort. Sewing is actually less about the machine operation and more about knowing how to deal with the fabric to get what you want.

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Eliste wrote:
Batboard wrote:Now I have to find a basic sewing class, then figure out how to apply it to this type of machine.
Applying it to your machine honestly won't be that hard. Sewing machines have only gotten more complicated then so if you can do simple basic sewing on a modern machine, you'll be able to transition that to your machine without any real effort. Sewing is actually less about the machine operation and more about knowing how to deal with the fabric to get what you want.
I have zero experience........so its going to be like figuring out how to build a cruse ship by trail and error......But i have youtube and I'm sure there is some books and stuff so I'm not totally lost. I just wanna make some awesome quilts like I see people make on this site. Soooooooooo coooooollllllll !!!!!!!!!! :swoon:

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I don't know how helpful it might be, but I have a small paperback book that was printed in 1952 that my mother-in-law gave me. It is mostly about making your own clothes, but it does have sewing basics in it as well. If you would like to have the book, you can pm me your address and I can send it off to you.