Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Neutral Thread, or ~ML

Anything goes!
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Neutral Thread, or ~ML

Post by blackmageheart »

Somebody wanted a neutral thread for in-between FML and YML. (Somewhere along the line we'll probably have a GMH one too. :) ) So here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpaQpyU_QiM&feature=kp
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Neutral Thread, or ~ML

Post by MeiTow »

Been loving this lady and her violin and this Phantom of the Opera Medley is amazeballs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCL94-MsxYc

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I took a Sprite Stitch hiatus to focus on schoolwork. I finished school for the summer, but then we had a death in the family, followed by a week of summer camp for the kids, followed by a rush of preparation for a camping trip with the extended family (as a sort of reset after the passing of the family matriarch), and then the camping trip itself. But now I'm back! I should be getting back to blog updates pretty soon as well.

So there are two big developments that have happened in the last few months. The smaller-but-still-terrifying development is a shift in career plans. For the longest time I've been plinking away at an engineering degree, a few classes at a time, while I served as a full-time SAHD to our daughters. This spring we moved closer to my college so that I could take more classes in person (as opposed to online courses - the upper-level courses are slim pickings in terms of what's offered online). But after a rocky semester and some soul-searching, I've come to the decision to put the engineering degree aside. I really don't like engineering one bit; it's always been about being able to make enough money to support the family should anything happen to my partner's income, but it's simply become too onerous for me to handle it anymore. I'm now trying to get involved in an apprenticeship program for bench carpentry (!) so that I can pursue my long-time dream of becoming a luthier. The nice thing is that apprenticeships are paid positions - not anything like engineering money, but it's something. The problem is that the job market is terrible right now. I may have to wind up working retail until I can snare an apprenticeship. I do want to go back and finish my degree someday... but it'll probably be in something more fulfilling than engineering, like English or literature or punching myself in the face until I look like Mick Jagger.

Second development is bigger, but less scary. My partner and I are separating in anticipation of a divorce. But it's not a bad thing! We've been talking about getting unmarried for a long time because both of us have issues with marriage as a patriarchal institution and we want to walk our talk, especially considering we have two daughters who pay attention to whether the walk matches the talk. What finally pushed us to it is that we both kinda came out to ourselves about being gay. I pretty well knew my partner was a lesbian for a while, just like she pretty well knew I was gay; we just needed to get around to recognizing it ourselves. :P We're still co-parenting and living together, though we've taken separate rooms. We're best friends and don't intend to change any of the important things about our relationship. In a way it's been rather a relief to start the process - it's comforting to know that our relationship can survive without the inertia of marriage holding us together.

I'll try to update with some projects and get the blog rolling again. It's good to be back on the forums. :)
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by DuckyBelkins »

Wow RMDC I wish you and your ex luck :)
Image Image Image Image

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

RMDC, your daugthers are so lucky to have two parents who can go through such big stuff and come out as partners still. It sounds like you are taking a very healthy step and showing your daughters that a family can work even if it looks a little bit different. Best of luck to the both of you an congratulations on coming out!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

RMDC I wish you and your partner all the luck in the world! Many people could learn something from the two of you, I'm sure.
Glad to have you back, my friend. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

blackmageheart wrote:RMDC I wish you and your partner all the luck in the world! Many people could learn something from the two of you, I'm sure.
Glad to have you back, my friend. :)
Seconded! We missed you! :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

I got to have a tour through a Freemason lodge yesterday! The local Freemason chapter held my late uncle's wake after his funeral yesterday, as he was a member, and they showed us around! Super cool to have a look at, especially since the Freemasons are pretty secretive and don't typically allow women in there.
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

RMDC, there's so much I want to say about your situation, but I'll just leave it at this: It's so refreshing, and so sweet, to see SUCH a cooperative family working towards happiness. I wish you and yours the best of luck in this new endeavor in life, though based on the support you and your wife are offering, you may not need it :)
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

RMDC, that's a whole lot of self-realization for a year! I am very envious of you that you were able to find out so much about yourself and what you want for your future and are taking steps to move towards that! That is all kinds of awesome. I am so happy for you and wish you and your family all the very best! Great job on being a role model!