Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Care Bear Stare!

non video game related projects...
tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Care Bear Stare!

Post by tnitnetny »

Thanks again guys. I think I may hold off on making more though. She just turned 7, so she may be getting too old for the Care Bears.

I though I posted the book for the background, but it may have been another thread. This is the book I choose my backgrounds from.

fuzzybunnykins
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by fuzzybunnykins »

You can never be to old for Care Bears!! I still have all of mine from when I was younger (Ok they my be under the bed but still!)

librebel
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by librebel »

Original 1980s Care Bears are worth a fair amount these days. I have a near-complete collection thanks to my mother. (One of these days when I have more money I'll buy the few I'm missing on eBay.) I also have some of the Cousins (remember them?) though I'd like to get more.

I also miss My Little Ponies and I'm loath to sell all my 1980s playsets, but it may come to that. The ponies (even the big stuffed ones) take up less space than all the plastic playsets that went with them. Speaking of which, does anyone else think the 1990s-2000s ponies look odd? Kind of like when they changed Barbie's face the last time? Maybe it's just me...

riotpatch
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by riotpatch »

Yay, Carebears!
I have quite a few as well, old and new.
I always get them as presents from my family since my name is Karyn -> karebear. =P
They need to stop reinvisioning eighties cartoons.
The Carebears have it the least worst compared to Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite. =[

talyn_rae
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by talyn_rae »

librebel wrote:Original 1980s Care Bears are worth a fair amount these days. I have a near-complete collection thanks to my mother. (One of these days when I have more money I'll buy the few I'm missing on eBay.) I also have some of the Cousins (remember them?) though I'd like to get more.

I also miss My Little Ponies and I'm loath to sell all my 1980s playsets, but it may come to that. The ponies (even the big stuffed ones) take up less space than all the plastic playsets that went with them. Speaking of which, does anyone else think the 1990s-2000s ponies look odd? Kind of like when they changed Barbie's face the last time? Maybe it's just me...

yes, i agree that the ponies look funny now, and so do the care bears. i hate it, and all the patterns that are coming out for them. i have stitch books of a lot of old school favs. i have a 1980's stitch book for the care bears, the cousins, rainbow brite and the like. i have a WIP somewhere that is of starlite...should start working on it again....
To check out more of my patterns, go to http://cspatts4u.110mb.com/index.php

nyami
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by nyami »

talyn_rae wrote:
librebel wrote:Original 1980s Care Bears are worth a fair amount these days. I have a near-complete collection thanks to my mother. (One of these days when I have more money I'll buy the few I'm missing on eBay.) I also have some of the Cousins (remember them?) though I'd like to get more.

yes, i agree that the ponies look funny now, and so do the care bears. i hate it, and all the patterns that are coming out for them. i have stitch books of a lot of old school favs. i have a 1980's stitch book for the care bears, the cousins, rainbow brite and the like. i have a WIP somewhere that is of starlite...should start working on it again....
i would give anything for that book! <3 the good old MLPonys!

librebel
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by librebel »

Me too! If it wasn't in copyright, I'd say scan it and post the images. But I'll make do with the backlist of projects I already have in mind. :)

talyn_rae
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by talyn_rae »

librebel wrote:Me too! If it wasn't in copyright, I'd say scan it and post the images. But I'll make do with the backlist of projects I already have in mind. :)
true...but i can always have scans on my computer...oh say...to have a backup record if anything might happen to my books....and if for...oh, i don't know...some reason i posted them to a data server that i thought was safe and they got out...could it technically be my fault? lmao
To check out more of my patterns, go to http://cspatts4u.110mb.com/index.php

crazystrange
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by crazystrange »

haha, I like the way you think!! What was the book called incidentally?

talyn_rae
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by talyn_rae »

which book? they didn't have any titles. it was by gloria and pat designs....and it was care bears care bear cousins or rainbow brite..would you like to email me and talk about it? cspatts4u@hotmail.com