Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario Bros 3 World Maps Complete

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Veganpunk
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Super Mario Bros 3 World Maps Complete

Post by Veganpunk »

Thanks to TMurdock and this board for the patterns, I have made it a goal to complete all 8 Worlds for Super Mario Bros 3 (My favorite game of all time). I have completed World 1, which was started in May of last year, and finished in December (I took a few months break). Started World 2 in December and have been hitting it hard. I chose the original NES versions over the 16 bit upgraded. I've searched online and this board but couldn't find any WIP or finished pieces of Worlds 3,4,5,6 and 7, and was wondering if anyone actually finished these long projects? I will post WIPs as I go along, and want to say thank you again to TMurdock and this board, for all the great work I've seen done here.
World 1

World 2

Last edited by Veganpunk on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Super Mario Bros 3 World Maps Complete

Post by Kareesh »

They look good! I've been slowly working on the NES version of World 1 (I wanted to go in order). I think I keep forgetting to post pictures, though...
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

Hey, good luck! That's an ambitious plan! I've already completed Worlds 2 and part of World 8... I'm currently working on World 6, but probably not going to stitch all the white parts...

I'll see you in a few years when you're done!

Veganpunk
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Veganpunk »

Years would be a true statement! World 6 is looking good! I've been debating doing the white on World 5 and 6, haven't made up my mind yet.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I finished a world 1 that is HUGE (about 2 feet across) that hangs in our living room. I wanted to stitch all of the worlds, but I may just start over and stitch smaller ones. Good luck with your maps!!

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

Veganpunk wrote:Years would be a true statement! World 6 is looking good! I've been debating doing the white on World 5 and 6, haven't made up my mind yet.
I think I'm going to do the white in the ocean and see how it looks, but otherwise it's so much white thread that can easily get dirty... I don't want to risk it

Veganpunk
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Veganpunk »

Dirtying up the white is always my fear. I save it to the end. But with World 2, I roll it up as a scroll, so there's less exposed. Haven't made much progress since I last posted photos, (currently sucked into The Last of Us), so I'm gonna wait a few more days for a WIP.

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

Veganpunk wrote:Dirtying up the white is always my fear. I save it to the end. But with World 2, I roll it up as a scroll, so there's less exposed. Haven't made much progress since I last posted photos, (currently sucked into The Last of Us), so I'm gonna wait a few more days for a WIP.
World 2 was a drag. The yellow drove me crazy and it was so frustrating. World 6 has been easier because there's a lot less of any single color to do... The water is boring, but there's not that much of it. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Lijnloos
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Lijnloos »

Very cool! I've done world 1 and started on 2, but don't know if I ever will finish it :D
Great Job!!

Veganpunk
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Veganpunk »

Blink190 wrote:
Veganpunk wrote:Dirtying up the white is always my fear. I save it to the end. But with World 2, I roll it up as a scroll, so there's less exposed. Haven't made much progress since I last posted photos, (currently sucked into The Last of Us), so I'm gonna wait a few more days for a WIP.
World 2 was a drag. The yellow drove me crazy and it was so frustrating. World 6 has been easier because there's a lot less of any single color to do... The water is boring, but there's not that much of it. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

SO SICK of yellow!! I'll post a wip later tonight.