Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Plunder Bunny -- does it need a good fix?

all non-video game related pattern requests...
Aelys
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Plunder Bunny -- does it need a good fix?

Post by Aelys »

Hello everybody,

I recently acquired PC Stitch and I've been trying to make my own patterns with little or no success. But I really, really need to make a pattern from a scene from Secret of Monkey Island -- it's going to be a present for my mentor, who is one of the original creators of the Monkey Island series. So, I've converted a screenshot I found and I've been working on the pattern for some time, but I wanted to ask for some advice from the "experts" on this forum (yes Jelibe, I'm referring to you! :grin:). Is there anything I need to change (like Eileen's multicolored hair, for example)? Are the colors too many? Anything else I should know before I start the project?

Thanks so much for any advice!
Attachments

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Plunder Bunny.pat
(57.17 KiB) Downloaded 438 times

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Plunder Bunny -- does it need a good fix?

Post by jelibe »

Firstly - Thank you for calling me an expert. That puffed up my confidence loads :D
I've taken a look and I'm really impressed with your pattern and the amount of colours (only 30). I think you can start this without any worries. You've done what I or anyone else would do with the pattern too - work on it for ages - so from this I can say that your pretty expert at this too :D
I will enjoy seeing this picture come alive when you start stitching it. Its going to look fantastic :clap: :clap:
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Aelys
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aelys »

Thanks a lot for the kind words! I'll order the fabric and the floss today and I'll start working on the project once I'm done with another small project for my friends' baby (another one... why is everybody having children all of a sudden? :shock: )
Also, how do you print a pattern this big with PC Stitch? I've tried with some print previews and I can't see absolutely any symbol, they're too small on the page...

riotpatch
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by riotpatch »

Make sure you don't select "Fit to page" on the print screen.
Select Automatic SPI to 12 and that will spread the pattern over several pages and will be easy to read.
Hope this helps. =]

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

also make sure you know youre looking at 139,000+ stitches...its gonna be a long haul.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Aelys
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aelys »

Thanks everybody! I was finally able to create a decent print preview :grin: As soon as I get back from Japan I'll start working on the project. I have to say it's kind of scary when you have fifteen shades of blue floss in front of you, but it's for a good cause!