Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

WIP- Cowboy Bebop- Ed Jumper

non video game related projects...
Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: WIP- Cowboy Bebop- Ed Jumper

Post by Ally »

Oh God, this is looking so cool! Are colour changes mid-row like that in knitting hard? I've only just managed a decent colour change in crochet and that was trying enough to get right!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

I don't think mid-row colour changes are too difficult with practice. I'm still a little noob-ish with it doing it this way (I have more experience changing colours Fair Isle style than Intarsia style), so it can be a pain with some of them. Plus, even though it's just 2 colours, since I am doing it with the Intarsia way I have about a million skeins of yarn attached at a time, so that's the part that causes more difficulty for me. I have to keep stopping to untangle and have to keep making sure I'm using the right strand.

Really though, I think it's similar difficulty to colour changes in crochet. It's just a matter of finding which methods you like and practicing.

Oh, and for another update: I've just reached the armhole shaping portion. Because of the way this pattern is worked, I have to stop working on the body for a little while and work the sleeves to the armholes. Then once those are done, I can put all three pieces together and work the rest of the top portion all together. Basically, I'm saying I probably won't have any new pictures of the body for a couple days. I'll keep you posted. :D

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Pictureless update: I recently finished the first sleeve. Tonight I had my knitting club, so I was able to get a good bit of the second sleeve done! I am hoping to finish the second sleeve maybe tomorrow. Then I can get them joined to the body and get some more work done on that. That means that either tomorrow or the next day, I should be able to post a progress pic.

I still need to do a good bit of stitch tidying, but I am getting so excited to finish this. I really hope it meets my expectations. :)

wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by wozz90 »

Looking forward to seeing a picture update :D

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

wozz90 wrote:Looking forward to seeing a picture update :D
Seconded! I'm also interested in how you're knitting it - I would always do the sleeves last, and sew them in at the end (but I hate sewing the parts together, so the way you're making it sounds brilliant!)
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Clubs are handy things. Wish there were more around here...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

I've just joined the sleeves to the body and I'm doing a few rows before taking the next picture. I'm not at my PC at the moment, but when I get on I will post a link to the pattern I'm using for the actual shaping, just so you can kind of visualize how it's put together.

I feel kind of torn with the pattern. A jumper pattern with almost no seaming? Yes Please!! But when you attach the sleeves to the body it's a bit awkward. The sleeves are worked in rounds, so when you add them to the needles the body is on, the bound off stitches for the armhole are kind of tight, making the first few rounds kind of tricky. I am just taking them really slowly to try to maintain my tension the best I can.

I suppose a little bit of hassle is worth only having to seam a small gap in the armhole. So yeah, I guess I'm not torn anymore, haha. As long as the shape comes out well, I'll probably use this pattern for future jumpers.

Also, when I get to my PC I will pot an updated picture. Be warned though, it's dark here now, so it will be taken with the flash on, haha.

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Well, here is my progress. This is a few rows after the joining of the sleeves. Getting so close. I think because the sleeves are attached it makes it look like a really small jumper haha. Also, it's definitely much easier to work the sleeves now than when I first joined them.

And for anyone who is interested, this is the jumper pattern that I'm using.
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/patte ... 77&lang=us

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Wow, that's coming along great! Many thanks for posting the pattern as well - it makes a lot of sense now :D
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by wozz90 »

Lokks wicked! Good work :)