Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

WIP- Cowboy Bebop- Ed Jumper

non video game related projects...
TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

WIP- Cowboy Bebop- Ed Jumper

Post by TigerLily »

Ever since I could knit, I've been wanting to make myself something Cowboy Bebop related, but between all of the projects for presents and orders, I haven't had time to go for it. (Or I just couldn't justify spending money on yarn for selfish purposes.) But, since I have a good bit of leftover yarn from another project at the moment, I thought I might finally give it a go. Rather than just make dolls (I will do that eventually as well), I wanted to make myself a cool article of clothing, so why not a jumper with Ed on it? She is my favourite character after all.

To start, I found a pattern for a jumper that I like. It's supposed to have a fair isle pattern along parts of it, but I am just going to use the pattern for the shaping.
Then I chose my picture. I decided to go with one of the images from the intro. The one that looks like she's kind of falling. Close to this:
Spoiler
I thought it might be easiest to use an image like this. That way it's just one solid colour on another solid colour and there would be less tiny details to try to fit into the size of my stitches.

I used an image similar to that one in Gimp to make myself a chart for the front of the jumper. I just hope the style of jumper I chose doesn't look silly with that style of image. It's kind of a Raglan shaping. And I also hope I can do this properly. I am really excited to have my own Cowboy Bebop jumper.

I started knitting last night, so I'll post some progress pics once I actually get into the colour changes and such. Hopefully I'll see the picture taking shape soon.

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: WIP- Cowboy Bebop- Ed Jumper

Post by Ally »

Oh sweet Jeebus, I am so looking forward to your WIP shots! I've been looking for something Cowboy Bebop related to do myself, but pickings seem pretty slim in the pattern department so I'll be living vicariously through you!

Incidentally, does anyone still have any of the Little Mojo Cowboy Bebop patterns? I'm tired of scouring the internet only to be directed to dead boxes!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

This will be awesome!

Coincidentally, I'll be making my first ever Cowboy Bebop cross-stitch. I'm going to keep it simple and stitch the rose in the puddle.

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Ally, I hope I don't disappoint, haha. Unfortunately, I don't know about finding those patterns you're looking for. I'll definitely keep an eye out though and pass any info I find along to you.
Yurtle, The rose in the puddle would look so good! You should definitely do it and post it so we can see. I would love to see that.

Alrighty, update time: So, I had wanted to post a picture last night, but I realized I had made a mistake and wanted to change a part of the pattern. Which of course meant I had to rip 20 rounds of work out. After that, there wasn't much progress to picture, so I got back to where I was before ripping and now I can post. :P

This pattern is worked in the round, so I am doing front and back at the same time, which means progress might look a bit slower than I hope, but oh well. The colours I am using are Copper for the background and Burgundy for the ribbing and the picture.

Since it's worked bottom up, so far all you can see is just the bottom bit of her shirt. I'll try to work a bit more on it tonight and then we'll be able to see a bit more. It's looking a bit choppy at the moment, but I'm hoping that's partially caused by the fact that my circulars aren't cooperating with picture time. They keep trying to curl up on me. Once there's more fabric on the needles, I'll hopefully be able to flatten it out a bit more for a better picture. :)

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

So cool!

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

HOLY COW BELLS!!! I love you!!!! This is an amazing idea and a beautiful picture! I am jelaous of your knitting skills! Keep going!! woo! Yeah!!
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

It's not super loads of progress, but it's getting there decently enough. You might not be able to see it too well, but there is a tiny bit of burgundy far off to the left. That's where I am just starting the bottom of her chin. I definitely need to do a bit of an untangling job before going any further, as you can tell. haha

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

Looks like it's going super awesome!!

I started creating my rose pattern last night. Hope to start stitching it soon! Once I get it sorted, I'll post a thread.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

I really like the colours you've gone with, looking forward to more WIPs
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm very much looking forward to your rose pictures Yurtle.

I got to work on my jumper a good bit the past couple nights. I can finally see her face starting to form. There are a few places where the joining of colours needs to be tidied up a bit, especially her goggles, but I think I might wait to do that until I'm weaving in my ends and such. The more I see coming into shape, the more excited I get. :D

Here's what I've got so far: