Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Who Scarves!

non video game related projects...
arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Who Scarves!

Post by arkani »

That's... a lot of scarves and yarn, StitchWitch!
Looking forward to pics, if you take any rhaben. :D

I've gone past the first pinstripe on mine - it's basically 6 rows of brown, then 2 blue, then repeat as needed. 1 ball of brown has very almost gotten me 2 rows of solid brown.. i'm hoping that I'll have enough to finish this without skimping. I did derp rather badly and bought 10mm circ. needles instead of 8mms, but it's looking ok, which is nice. Plus, bigger. xD I've also completed successfully my first colour changes. :D
IMG_6187.JPG
IMG_6187.JPG (163.1 KiB) Viewed 5835 times
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

Ta-daa! :D
It's laid out on a double futon to give you scale - I ended up using 2.5 balls of brown, and about 60% of the blue. :) I thought about making it 4 blue stripes, but it's qute wide already so I figured i'd quit while I was ahead.
IMG_6195.JPG
IMG_6195.JPG (167.58 KiB) Viewed 5819 times
IMG_6194.JPG
IMG_6194.JPG (143.71 KiB) Viewed 5819 times
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Damn, that was fast! It looks great. My four scarf is 30" long this morning.

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

rhaben wrote:Damn, that was fast! It looks great. My four scarf is 30" long this morning.

Thanks! :D I really have no life. I spent most of the day just plugging away at it, so it'd be done by monday (my mum's coming over to visit for the week, so i'd have no time to work on it)
How's your scarf going? sounds like you're getting along at a good pace, too! I'm thinking of making a super long one next time all the yarn goes on sale. xD
Working on:

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

I spent a lot of today parked on the couch knitting and watching Doctor Who (what a great episode!) The scarf is now about 6' long. I'm almost half way done. I'm really surprised at how quickly it is going. I'd like to finish it before my daughter gets home from college for Thanksgiving this coming week.

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

rhaben wrote:I spent a lot of today parked on the couch knitting and watching Doctor Who (what a great episode!) The scarf is now about 6' long. I'm almost half way done. I'm really surprised at how quickly it is going. I'd like to finish it before my daughter gets home from college for Thanksgiving this coming week.
How's the scarf going, rhaben? I'm slowly looking around for colours that match, since i'm in australia and lack most of the brands everyone else has. ;)
Working on:

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

arkani wrote:I'm slowly looking around for colours that match, since i'm in australia and lack most of the brands everyone else has. ;)
We've got the crappiest selection here, don't we? Spotlight has a surprisingly limited range of yarn, though the Moda Vera 'Marvel' yarn is really good, and has heaps of different colours to choose from. Have you tried K Mart? They have a decent selection of colours, and the quality is quite good too.
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Lincraft isn't too bad, but Spotlight is something of a dissapointment really. Tbh I mostly look for the specialty wool shops, though they are fairly rare and a bit more expensive. One of these days I will bite the bullet and put in a massive online order for all the things not carried locally, like DMC floss cones, or black Aida.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Sometimes I wish I knew how to knit. My hubby had to buy my scarf for me. :( You guys have done excellent jobs!

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

Pyper wrote:One of these days I will bite the bullet and put in a massive online order for all the things not carried locally, like DMC floss cones, or black Aida.
When you find the wonderful site that stocks these things please let me know! Sometimes I cannot believe how hard it is to find black aida here!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/