Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pegasus NeedlePunch & other stuff

non video game related projects...
Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Pegasus NeedlePunch & other stuff

Post by Ally »

Love living in a country with so many deadly animals...

Adorable scarf Arkani! I love the pom poms at the ends :) I've tried knitting and it doesn't matter how it's explained to me I just don't get how it works! I can crochet just fine, but I still think knitting i some form of wizardry!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

Ally wrote:Adorable scarf Arkani! I love the pom poms at the ends :) I've tried knitting and it doesn't matter how it's explained to me I just don't get how it works! I can crochet just fine, but I still think knitting i some form of wizardry!

:D Thanks! I'm usually the same way about knitting.. it's actually stuck in my head this time though! The knowledge normally falls out about 5-10 mins after I stop doing it. Of course, that scarf is the entire scope of my knowledge/ability at the moment. If it ain't a plain stitch, it get a blank look and an ummm..

I also did a few fun things in the last few days! one is a bit NSFW and refers to knitting - Frogging is the term for ripping out all your stitches, which will be hid in a spoiler, and the other is for an internet friend who has a sucky and stressful job.
Oh, and the Kerning Incident. Basically a badly kerned sign turned "FLICKERING" into a word that started with FU. So.. apologies to those that are sensitive to bad kerning.
Work Sucks Mantra2_1.png
Work Sucks Mantra2_1.png (66.79 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
Spoiler
nap.JPG
nap.JPG (174.09 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
kerning.jpg
kerning.jpg (68.49 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
i'm so so sorry
i'm so so sorry
kerning2.jpg (67.25 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

All awesome!

But, uh...shouldn't that "soleley" in the first one be "solely" ? Unless it's some kinda thing, in which case forget what I just said. :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

blackmageheart wrote:All awesome!

But, uh...shouldn't that "soleley" in the first one be "solely" ? Unless it's some kinda thing, in which case forget what I just said. :D
Giid catch! (cat;s on keyboard/well hi butt us)
It's a pattern typo. I made thethins/ then charted it hahaa
i;ll mix it. sometday
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

arkani wrote:Giid catch! (cat;s on keyboard/well hi butt us)
It's a pattern typo. I made thethins/ then charted it hahaa
i;ll mix it. sometday
I love this so much. :grin:
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

arkani wrote:well hi butt us
This was my favourite part. :nod
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

I still don't think i've gotten all the fluff out of the keyboard haha.
Moulting, isn't it fun..? >.>

I made a thing! Well, quite a few, which is why i've been quiet around here. i'm sewing 'green' bags for christmas presents for the extended family (that I know will use them) and I also stitched up this cute little dragon sprite from the Halloween event on Dragon Cave - it's been sewn into a drawstring bag for MIL - she's a (retired but still) professional seamstress, so I reckon it'll go down well. I'm also sewing a small stash of bags for myself, because my state has banned all plastic shopping bags from..today, actually. Which is sucky because if you didn't have them before, you now either have to buy or make reusable bags. I mean, it's good because less plastic, but still.
bag1.JPG
bag1.JPG (242.5 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
- i've done more than this, it's just thequick pic I took to show a couple of friends who have bought those pictured bags. :D The bird one is really pretty, the afternoon sun washed it out a bit - it's christmas red birds and almost eggshell blue background. I'm currently chopping up some blue and white check, and super bright tweetybird yellow fabric, and have a quile cover to cut up too - that's almost neon yellows and oranges with big flowers and butterflys!
bag.JPG
bag.JPG (157.31 KiB) Viewed 3473 times

Also i've named my sewing machine, since it's tasted blood, her name is now Audrey - I managed to stab straight through my finger with the needle while zigzagging... and apart from there being a decent amount of blood, it didn't hurt at all. I've put the pic in spoilers, it's a bit hard to see, because terrible photo, but you can see the holes in my finger. (shame it didn't bruise up really good though. :( )
Spoiler
ouch.JPG
ouch.JPG (61.15 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
also i'm planning on knitting this (it's a ravlery link, but i've gotten the book out from the library.) http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... at-for-cat it's all in basic stitch, and will let me learn increases and casting off better. (I hope. It may all end up as a giant knot.)

Now,before the cat eats my feet, I need to go brush him. He's so hard done by and unloved, you see. So much so he's on a diet. Because I obviously don't give him loves enough. xD
boots.JPG
boots.JPG (104.79 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
See? so unloved. xD
Working on:

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

I haven't got my phone hooked up, so I can't share photos (will do it after midnight- when the net rolls over lol)
But i've been knitting! And stitching.. and making postcards.. if by 'making' you mean 'ordering from vista print' ;)
I've finished half a mouse skin rug fir the cat, i've done the tail, back legs and torso. i'm up to the increases for the front legs, then it's the neck/head... and it's done - just have to put the finishing touches on it! :D
IMG_6134.JPG
IMG_6134.JPG (273.42 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
I've also finished the dog jacket i'm knitting for my bff! Kitting in the round is *hard* on eensy areas. So i cheated and single crocheted a couple of rounds around the arm holes. xD
IMG_6139.JPG
IMG_6139.JPG (177.73 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
And made a couple of cross stitch patterns.. i've listed one already, so i'll give you the link for that, since i'm lazy and have the tab open anyway. ;) (it's a bit NSFW) https://www.etsy.com/listing/168536492/ ... ome_active it's also the pattern on the postcards I got from Vistaprint.

Oh! On tuesday i'm off to the local TAFE, and will be sigining up to study Cert.3 in Aged care/Home and Community Services (it's a twofer lol- you get both certificates at the end of the course.) I'm hoping to get into the Home & Community Care side more than the Aged Care Home side, but we'll see how it goes.
If I don't get into that, i'll be going to the other campus and enrolling in Cert3 in Disability Services. Considering the Fiancee is actually disabled, I should have no problems getting into that!
Though whichever I don't get into, i'll be doing in 2015.. I want all 3 certificates. :)

And kitty modelling pics - because why not. xD apart from being longer in the back, and having a smaller chest, it fits him pretty well, actually.
IMG_6138.JPG
IMG_6138.JPG (164.96 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
boots2.jpg
boots2.jpg (177.65 KiB) Viewed 3403 times
Last edited by arkani on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Working on:

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

arkani wrote:I've finished half a mouse skin rug fir the cat, i've done the tail, back legs and torso. i'm up to the increases for the front legs, then it's the neck/head... and it's done - just have to put the finishing touches on it! :D
I bet that's gonna be one happy kitty! Pics?
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

arkani wrote:i've listed one already, so i'll give you the link for that, since i'm lazy and have the tab open anyway. (it's a bit NSFW) https://www.etsy.com/listing/168536492/ ... ome_active it's also the pattern on the postcards I got from Vistaprint.
Love it! :D
arkani wrote:I've finished half a mouse skin rug fir the cat
PICS