Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Santa Claus 3D Cross Stitch Doll

non video game related projects...
rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Santa Claus 3D Cross Stitch Doll

Post by rhaben »

I mentioned that I was making Santa when I posted about the reindeer. Here he is.

He is scaled to work with the reindeer.

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Santa Claus 3D Cross Stitch Doll

Post by Pyper »

These are amazing :D
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

That is absurdly cute. Nice job!

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Thank you! I've been stitching almost non-stop trying to get the pair of them done in time for people to get the patterns and have them done for Christmas.

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

These are adorable! If you ever had the time, I'd love to see you put together a photo tutorial to show how you make these! I stare and I don't know, my brain can't put it together!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

It's really not that hard to make these things. I started with a muslin pattern to get the shape right and transfered that to my cross stitch pattern. Then I fill in the the cross stitch details. So for example, the doll is made of 8 flat cross stitched pieces: 4 pieces for his head, 2 for his body and 2 for his hat. After I finish the stitching, I cut them out, seal the edges of the aida and sew them together.

When I sell a pattern, I send it with a tutorial for the assembly. It has photos that show how to put the thing together.

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

These are incredible. Very cute! I have always wanted to dabble in plushies, but I don't have a sewing machine at the moment and my hand sewing skills are severely lacking lol
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

rhaben wrote:It's really not that hard to make these things. I started with a muslin pattern to get the shape right and transfered that to my cross stitch pattern. Then I fill in the the cross stitch details. So for example, the doll is made of 8 flat cross stitched pieces: 4 pieces for his head, 2 for his body and 2 for his hat. After I finish the stitching, I cut them out, seal the edges of the aida and sew them together.

When I sell a pattern, I send it with a tutorial for the assembly. It has photos that show how to put the thing together.

Soo.. in theory, you could scan in a pattern like a buttericks or mccalls, and create a pattern over that? It's seems almost *too* simple, you know?

This is awesome. Totally awesome. :D
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Honestly, I don't see why you couldn't do it that way. You do have to keep in mind placement of the features and be careful where things will join in the pieces. For example, in the reindeer, making the harness line up through the three pieces. I've been trying to keep things simple and not make a slew of pieces to assemble. The reindeer has got the most pieces of anything I've done like this so far. Most of what I've made are under 10 pieces.