Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

KG Chart help

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
faroresdragn
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

KG Chart help

Post by faroresdragn »

First, sorry if this is in the wrong place or already posted somewhere.

Hey everyone. Im brand new here. Ive been doing this kind of stuff for a long time, but never had enough know-how to do any of the really cool things i wanted to. Mostly cross stitching. Im really surprised I havent stumbled upon this site sooner. Anyway.

I saw some of the cool patterns people put here, and learned about this KG Cart program. I saw it was free so i downloaded it from a link I foung here, and it seems pretty great. But i have a few questions:

1. I read it was freeware, but after I downloaded it it said I was on a 30-day free trial. Theres no point in it if I can only have it for 30 days. Is there some way to get it permanently? Or do i have to pay for that?

2. This is gonna sound stupid but I know so little about actual cross stitching stuff. Hypothetical: So i make a pattern on this program, or open a pattern that i find here, and a bunch of the stitches on this pattern are of color 357. This DMC color or whatever its called. Now if i want to stitch this, im guessing (and hoping) that theres some way I can go to a craft store or online and use that 357 number to find some thread thats just the right color for those stitches. Is that right? Cause if thats true this program is insanely helpful. But if these color codes are just something thats only used within the program, that would suck. Could someone explain that to me?

Again, sorry if this info is here already. I have no idea where it would be. Thanks!

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: KG Chart help

Post by Servotron »

1. Looks like you downloaded the Pro version of the software rather than the LE version, but looking at the site, it appears that the LE version isn't currently available. Someone here might have a version they can send to you.

2. The numbers on the program all correspond to a DMC number. DMC is the brand of thread that everyone on the forum uses and any pattern you find on this forum will use this thread.
Image Image Image Image

faroresdragn
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by faroresdragn »

Oh it's a brand of thread? That's kinda what I was hoping for. alright thanks alot.

Aridesh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Aridesh »

Wow, that really sucks that they took the free version off of the site. Luckily, I still have my zip file for it!
Attachments
kgchartle12404.zip
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 582 times
Current WIPs: Baby's Christmas Stocking
Shop: fromarideshwithlove.tictail.com
Blog: fromarideshwithlove.wordpress.com
Most progress pictures are on my Instagram. http://www.instagram.com/craftyaridesh

CraftySasha
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CraftySasha »

Oh, good. Somebody else had the file. I'm pretty sure I have it at home, but I wouldn't be able to check until later tonight.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySasha
http://craftysasha.blogspot.com/

Current Projects:
Pixelhobby Super Mario 3 - World Map 1
Biggest Cross Stitch EVER - 22m long kit of "Along the River During the Qingming Festival" (Page 2&3/279)

smoni
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by smoni »

Hooray! I'm glad someone else had the file. I too have just gone to download the LE edition, to use in school with my class. I was a bit worried when I saw it wasn't there. Thanks Aridesh! :clap:

Aridesh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Aridesh »

No problem! I'm just glad I still had it to share with everyone!
Current WIPs: Baby's Christmas Stocking
Shop: fromarideshwithlove.tictail.com
Blog: fromarideshwithlove.wordpress.com
Most progress pictures are on my Instagram. http://www.instagram.com/craftyaridesh

shanoa
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by shanoa »

Aridesh, you are a lifesaver! I just got a new laptop and went to download KG chart onto it and panicked when there wasn't the free version. The only one I could find on their site for free majorly limited the size of the chart too!
Current Projects:
Frederick the Literate kit

CrazyCucco11
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by CrazyCucco11 »

Aridesh wrote:Wow, that really sucks that they took the free version off of the site. Luckily, I still have my zip file for it!
Thank you for this zip file! The other version of KG that i had would get stick at 100 pixels when i was importing sprites! I was going nuts!
Time passes, people move, like a rivers' flow, it never ends...
-Sheik

Current Project:
RMDC's Ballad of the Wind Fish

Next Projects:
Hunting for a cool Dr. Who bookmark...

plasticlachesis
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by plasticlachesis »

yeah!! Thank you! I had to download this again, too! Version 1.25 is the one that only allows 100ct.