Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Final Fantasy X pattern

all non-video game related pattern requests...
noonstar
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Final Fantasy X pattern

Post by noonstar »

Hey

I know it's somewhat cheeky to request a pattern on my first post but I've been somewhat distracted by stitching one of the nightmare before christmas patterns posted up by jelibe in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=529.

That was my first sensibly sized pattern for a while after taking a break from stitching and now I want to do something with more variation of colour (than 2 :p) and reasonably large.

What I was hoping to attempt was a section of this image inspired by final fantasy X but I'm having some trouble converting to a pattern, if anyone can help me out it with the pattern and the floss list it would be much appreciated :grin:

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee12 ... 2_0012.jpg

All I really want is from the right side to just to the left of her gun, I can probably handle up to about 15 by 15 " if anyone wishes to help out, thanks in advance to anyone who does :grin: :nod

mike

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Final Fantasy X pattern

Post by Servotron »

Do you have an idea of how many colours you want in the pattern?
Image Image Image Image

noonstar
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by noonstar »

Preferably not a vast amount but I am planning to go shopping for some new stuff fairly soon so umm... somewhere between 30 and 50, whatever in that range you think would be enough to keep a decent amount of the background effect and the general definition of the foreground figures (sorry, that's really vague :P ).

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Noonstar, Please post pictures of your Nightmare b4 xmas work, I'd love to see them. :D
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

noonstar
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by noonstar »

Thanks for showing an interest :D (although it's only the one pattern).
Spoiler
is where it was yesterday, tonight I've expanded the background bit from next to the neck so it surrounds the head (I'm not doing the whole thing, just an aura around his body) then I'm putting an undecided quote from the film in the space at the top left. All in all, not too much left to go and I'm quite happy with how it looks. (sorry, it looks quite odd and so zoomed in, my camera died so I'm having to scan).
Spoiler
is what I did last week btw, boring and predictable but a nice pattern set to repractice stitching and get some rhythm back :D

-edit

I just realised I'd put the wrong link in from photobucket so both were the same pic, should be fixed now though :P
Last edited by noonstar on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

I'm happy that you've done one of my patterns. I feel all warm and fussy inside :D T'is a great feeling!!! I love what you've done and I can't wait to see it complete :D Please post it in the non video game section when you're done. OOOO I'm all excited with anticipation, yeah!
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

TMurdock
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by TMurdock »

I created a (still quite) large pattern, by shrinking the pixel to stitch size by 75% - this results in a 440 x 570 pattern of the FFX character, with only 57 colors. Tell me if this works, or if you would prefer something smaller for this.
Attachments
FF X-2 - 75 percent.sth
(367.56 KiB) Downloaded 644 times

noonstar
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by noonstar »

Aaah cool, that looks awesome. Hmm that leaves me with a choice of two (I finally managed to figure out how to make something non suckish looking with kg chart), this and one that's about half the size with 43 colours.

Hmm, I'll go out shopping at some point then it depends what size fabric I end up buying in a fit of nervous shopping with birthday money as to which I attempt.

That one does look gorgeous though... tempting

Thank you very much :clap:

TMurdock
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by TMurdock »

Well, at 18-count fabric, you have plenty of room for a beautiful picture on a 30 x 36" fabric. That's what I'm using for my little "Mega Man" project. Unfortunately, this project at my size will most likely take the rest of the year. Keep posting your progress whatever you choose.

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

Can you please post this pattern in pdf format? I cannot open the stf format. Thanks for any help you can give. ^.^
ImageImageImageImageImage

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares