Charity Quilt 2013 - Finished Squares

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Charity Quilt 2013 - Finished Squares

Post by starrley »

tnitnetny wrote:
starrley wrote:I finished my Pokemon Heartgold square! :)
Received in the mail today!
Hooray! I'm glad it arrived safely. :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

drdenman
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by drdenman »

Finally finished my square! Yay!
Actually, the last couple weeks have been really harrowing. I live in this tiny little town in Arkansas and there are only two shops in town that sell DMC(stupid Hancock's only carries Sullivans), Walmart and a little mom&pop place. Anyways, I bought half of my thread at the smaller shop where it was cheaper, but they didn't carry all the colours I needed so had to buy the rest at Walmart. Partway through the project, I noticed that I had misread my list and I was missing four colours and also that I had underestimated the amount of black I needed(this was my first time doing a pattern that wasn't a kit, simple mistake.) So I went back to Walmart for the colours, and they didn't carry the ones I was missing, and they were out of black. One of the shop girls said they would get some in a couple days, but I went to the mom&pop place so I wouldn't have to worry about it. But they didn't have the missing colours either. Even more frustrating was that someone had bought all of their black also. Turns out some lady is doing this huge project for the county fair and has bought out all the black DMC in town. But the owner of the shop promised to order me some new thread so I didn't worry too much about it then.
Anyways, a couple weeks later I checked the both shops again. The little shop hadn't received the colours yet, and walmart had apparently got them and had been bought out AGAIN. It was becoming apparent that I wasn't getting my thread in time. Then my sister and I started this massive hunt through all our local friends for the colours I needed. Finally, we had to send my brother-in-law to the Hobby-Lobby in Little Rock to find all the colours! Luckily, he's a pretty smart boy because he double checked all the colours before leaving and discovered that he had one of them wrong. The next day, my stepmother called to let me know that my skirt that she made me was in the mail and that she had packed in some black DMC and posted it all priority so I could finish my project in time! (And then I had to pretend like I didn't already have all the required thread in my hands... lol)

Anyways, here's a photo:
Spoiler
Thanks to BHM and Linkismyhomeboy for the pattern.

I can't wait for next year's quilt, this was too much fun!
Spoiler
For those of you who are paying attention, don't worry about the time frames on shipping. I planned everything around my aunt visiting from Canada. Tomorrow, my quilt block will be transferred to her safe keeping and she will whisk it across the boarder to Canada, thus by-passing the customs line. And I'm giving it to her instead of Uncle so that it will be mailed swiftly! As for the camo'd text, I'm way too giddy over finishing the square!

shanoa
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by shanoa »

Finished my first square a while back and forgot to put up a picture of it so here it is!
Tengen Tetris Finished small.png
Tengen Tetris Finished small.png (929.77 KiB) Viewed 6927 times
Current Projects:
Frederick the Literate kit

shrinkingviolet
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by shrinkingviolet »

drdenman, your square looks great--no lie c; So glad you got it done despite the complications.
I finally finished my square from Portal 2 and I also have bmh to thank for all her help, as well as tnitnetny and La Ptite Bete. Thanks so much, everyone. I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone's beautiful squares on the site, and I'm so glad I was finally able to participate this year. c: Hopefully it gets to tnitnetny okay.
Attachments
Wheatley Square.jpg
Wheatley Square.jpg (703.98 KiB) Viewed 6844 times
Wheatley Finished.JPG
Wheatley Finished.JPG (464.69 KiB) Viewed 6844 times

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

Your Wheatley square looks great, Shrinkingviolet !!
I wish Tritnetny gets it soon ! :clapping:
You seem to be a huge Portal fan (You've got the Companion Cube, the cake, the Wheatley portrait... and, wait... the complete Chell costume ??) :shock:
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Oh the Portal and Portal 2 squares both turned out great, I'm so pleased! :D
shrinkingviolet wrote:I also have bmh to thank for all her help
You're very welcome. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

shanoa wrote:Finished my first square a while back and forgot to put up a picture of it so here it is!
Turned out nicely too! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I thought I posted the squares I got while at my parents in Md but I may not have. Received the square from Laurel and the two squares from Jade.

When I got home to Canada yesterday two squares were waiting for me, the one from IzzyXIII and Shrinkingviolet.

IzzyXIII
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by IzzyXIII »

tnitnetny wrote:I thought I posted the squares I got while at my parents in Md but I may not have. Received the square from Laurel and the two squares from Jade.

When I got home to Canada yesterday two squares were waiting for me, the one from IzzyXIII and Shrinkingviolet.
Excellent, glad it got there safely and in time :D

PuffBirdie
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by PuffBirdie »

tnitnetny wrote:I thought I posted the squares I got while at my parents in Md but I may not have. Received the square from Laurel and the two squares from Jade.

Phew! I was so scared it was going to get lost in the mail somehow. Now I can rest easy. Thanks!!