Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Some old creations

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Blixthand
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Some old creations

Post by Blixthand »

Here are my old creations from over the last one and a half year (when I starded cross stitching).

This was my firs real cross stitch project. I made it cause I needed a project for the craft leassons at school. The patten is Dead simple and made form my mind. I dont know the numbers of the threads (or if they are DMC, Anchor or anything else) sice they were scrap pieces from school.
Spoiler
IMG_0726.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG (230.93 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
It is the mastersword form the legend of zelda (if you didn´t know or failed to figure it out)

I made this directly after the mastersword. This also was a schoolproject and took me from January to June to make. It is X-Men's Wolverine facing some dude. Found the pattern here (http://cthylla.com/free-patterns/) I was told later it was supposed to be half stitches but i thing ordinary worked fine.
Spoiler
IMG_0722.JPG
IMG_0722.JPG (192.1 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
The next was made as entertainment over the summer hollidays. It is Samus from Metroid as found on this forum (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2196&p=34774&hilit=samus#p34774)
Spoiler
IMG_0724.JPG
IMG_0724.JPG (271.19 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
The last one is another "hobby" project. It's the hogwarst crest, found at theleackycauldron.com via links from this forum. I was caugh up in school work over a large part of the autum, but still it took from the end of August to the end of Febuary for me to make it.
Spoiler
IMG_0725.JPG
IMG_0725.JPG (217.73 KiB) Viewed 4184 times

Philpepe
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Some old creations

Post by Philpepe »

Great job! I really like the Hogwarts Crest. I'm working on the Gryffindor crest right now, and I hope it turnes out as well as your Hogwarts one did!
Current Projects: Crocheting stuff, writing letters, cross stitching stuff oh, and making beer!

The Needle Artist
My Deviantart

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I agree with your assessment of the Wolverine piece - whole stitches look very nice indeed. :nod
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

sirinth
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by sirinth »

Hi! :) Cthylla here. Glad you liked my Wolverine pattern!
It wasn't necessarily SUPPOSED to be half stitches, that's just how /I/ stitched it. Looks great either way!

Mind if I link your finished piece on my website?

Also: That 'dude' is his son, Daken! :o
Gamer, Cross-Stitcher, and Twitch.tv partner.
Watch me Cross Stitch and chat with me LIVE on Twitch!
Image ImageImage Image Image

Blixthand
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Blixthand »

sirinth wrote:Hi! :) Cthylla here. Glad you liked my Wolverine pattern!
It wasn't necessarily SUPPOSED to be half stitches, that's just how /I/ stitched it. Looks great either way!

Mind if I link your finished piece on my website?

Also: That 'dude' is his son, Daken! :o
Sure, go ahead and link it if you like.
I'll try to remember "Daken", but I never read the comic books, so its hard to keep track on characters that do not appear in the movies. Just piced the pattern cause it was awesome, not cause I recognised it very well.

bulbasaur
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by bulbasaur »

they all look really great

Blixthand
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Blixthand »

Thanks!
My favorie was the Hogwarts quest, but they all mean a lot to me. The mastersword scine it wa smy wery own creation, Wolverine vs. Daken since that was my first large stich, Samus "Metroid" cause the NES/SNES/GB/GBA games was cool and I realy liked the Prime games (though I usaly dont play first person) and Hogwarths just beacause it turned out so nice and Harry Potter means a lot to me. it was also the first stitch I made whit two strands instead of three as my school teacher had told me to do.
When I finish the Avengers pattern it will mean I finished my first REALY big stitch (since Im trying it on quite a wide count Aida to easy it a bit) and its also the first move pic Im making. I think it will mean a lot to me even if It turns out bad, for whatever reason it might do so (thinking espacely of the wide Aida used might case wierd edges that might not have apperent in the same way on an 18ct, but Im no expert in the subject).