what does the forum need?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: what does the forum need?

Post by jelibe »

Lol, she can't look like that all the time can she!! LOL :toad
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

deborah
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by deborah »

There is anyway to keep people from puting junk on here. The stuff about things that aren't craft related and nude pictures. Most things that have to do with drug. We could have away to blok them from geting on site and members can help delete the stuff.

Dragoniron7
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Dragoniron7 »

Deborah.....there are moderators that clean that stuff up, those people that post that stuff do get banned from this site.

Rozez1982
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Rozez1982 »

Yeah I don't think there's any way to prevent that stuff. Johloh and Servo have been doing a good job of deleting that crap.

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

How is everyone? I'm wondering if anyone would like anything added to the forum when johloh gets back? These are a few things I've been thinking about:

-How does everyone feel about the Stitch-a-long? It's a couple of weeks til the beginning of August, so would you like a new Challenge setting up? We can keep the Stitch-a-long going alongside it if people have projects to finish off.
-I think we could create a new title or two, like my Official Pattern Maker title, jelibe's Pattern Thief and GamerGrrlz Queen Bead. Any suggestions? (I think we will need a male version of the Queen Bean title in the future).

Any other ideas from anyone?
Image Image Image Image

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

Servotron wrote:How is everyone? I'm wondering if anyone would like anything added to the forum when johloh gets back? These are a few things I've been thinking about:

-How does everyone feel about the Stitch-a-long? It's a couple of weeks til the beginning of August, so would you like a new Challenge setting up? We can keep the Stitch-a-long going alongside it if people have projects to finish off.
-I think we could create a new title or two, like my Official Pattern Maker title, jelibe's Pattern Thief and GamerGrrlz Queen Bead. Any suggestions? (I think we will need a male version of the Queen Bean title in the future).

Any other ideas from anyone?
I definitely think we should start up a new stitch-a-long thread knowing that not everyone has played the final fantasy games. I was thinking maybe pokemon or favorite video game from the 80's.

As for titles...is there a way we could have a place to nominate people and then have other people provide feedback?

Thoughts anyone?

corbin
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by corbin »

Servotron wrote: -How does everyone feel about the Stitch-a-long? It's a couple of weeks til the beginning of August, so would you like a new Challenge setting up? We can keep the Stitch-a-long going alongside it if people have projects to finish off.
I'd like having the stitch-a-long thread still open for slow pokes like me, but I agree a new challenge or stitch-a-long starting would give all the people who finished or aren't familiar with final fantasy something to participate in.
LiquidKarma wrote: As for titles...is there a way we could have a place to nominate people and then have other people provide feedback?
I think that would be a good way to go about it, let everyone pitch in ideas.
A Stitch is Worth... How much is a stitch worth?

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I think we should definitely go back to the challenges for a few months and then maybe another stitch-a-long, or even the craft exchange idea we talked about before. Maybe you should start a thread for challenge ideas and then when Johloh gets back he could pull one from there.

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

how about more ads on a sidebar? how come nobody ever suggests that?? :P

how are those though? are they too annoying...?
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

nintandrew
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by nintandrew »

The banners at the top and bootm of the pages don't bother me, but I think if they started showing up on the sides, then it would start to get a liitle annoying.
Eyup