Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Charity Quilt(s) 2013

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Charity Quilt(s) 2013

Post by tnitnetny »

It is that time again! PLEASE read all of the rules before you start, some have changed. If you send a square that does not follow the rules it will not be used.

Rules
* You must use 16 count white/off-white/cream aida (NO colored Aida! No exceptions.)
* at least 15" x 15" total canvas size (it will be cut down before quilting, but there must be extra to cut)
* 96x96 stitch working space (6" x 6"). Please measure your aida before stitching to make sure 96x96 is a 6" x 6" space.
* Every square within your 96x96 must be stitched. This is for a quilt so there can not be any open unstitched squares.
* Do not use metallic, glow in the dark, or floss that is a different consistency from standard floss
* This is fun and for charity. No negativity.

Your choice of what to stitch
* Must be a scene from a video game, no original creations or just logos. It can be an opening or closing shot, the scene doesn't have to be within the game.

* You can stitch a single character as long as it fills most of the square and the specific game can easily be identified. For example a Kirby would not be accepted, although this Kirby would: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tnitnetny/kirby.jpg. It is obviously from Return to Kirby's Dreamland.

* Please only one scene per game to make the quilt(s) interesting. Games from previous years can be repeated, but try to do a different scene. Let's try to make each year unique.

* Once you know your scene, sign up on the spreadsheet so there are no repeats. Feel free to make more then one square, but you are only allowed to sign up for 2 squares at a time. If you finish those two squares, you can sign up for one more square at a time until it is finished.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... mF1SXZIY3c
There is a space for your name on the spreadsheet if you want the Certificate that accompanies the quilt to show it.

* Here are the squares from previous years:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... C00290.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... C00289.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... G_0776.jpg

Where to send your finished squares:
Toni Smith
283 Admiral Drive
London, Onatario n5v 1j2
Canada

They MUST be received in my hands no later then September 1st (preferrably August 1st) of 2013. If you are outside of Canada, please allow 3 weeks for shipping due to customs.

or if you are in the United States

Toni Smith
2103 Crossgate Drive
Crofton, MD 21114
Must be received at this address by August 1 (preferably by July 1st).

Please make sure you follow the rules exactly. If you send me a square that doesn't have the extra material around the square, I can't use it. If you use colored aida, I can't use it. If you send it after the deadline, it will be too late.

I will fill in as many squares as we need with embroidery and can make more then one quilt, so there is no limit to the amount of squares you want to make.

Happy Stitching!!
Last edited by tnitnetny on Fri May 03, 2013 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Charity Quilt(s) 2013

Post by Ally »

I'm on board this year! I actually just finished making the pattern, so I'm going to go claim my game now!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

jadely
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by jadely »

Hooray! I'm so excited! Getting my thoughts together for this year :yahoo:
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

Current Projects
Star Wars Alphabet book

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Just want to say now that anyone who needs pattern help just PM me and I'll be more than happy to assist where I can! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

:yahoo: Yay! Although I think you mean September 2013, unless I have to go back in time. ;)

And BHM, I'll totally be needing your help as I suck at making patterns and eyeballing colors. :help:
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

loafoftoast
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by loafoftoast »

I may have to take you up on that, BMH. But before I do, I have a question about the squares. Do they have to be on 16 count? I have an awesome idea, but it's beyond me to shrink it to 96x96. It can probably work for 18 count, but I wanted to ask first...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

loafoftoast wrote:Do they have to be on 16 count? I have an awesome idea, but it's beyond me to shrink it to 96x96.
They do, because 96x96 on 16ct gives a 6 inch square.

PM me with your idea and your image and I'll see what I can do for you! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Kareesh wrote::yahoo: Yay! Although I think you mean September 2013, unless I have to go back in time. ;)
I meant to do that. Really. :D It is fixed. Thanks!!

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

blackmageheart wrote:
loafoftoast wrote:Do they have to be on 16 count? I have an awesome idea, but it's beyond me to shrink it to 96x96.
They do, because 96x96 on 16ct gives a 6 inch square.

PM me with your idea and your image and I'll see what I can do for you! :D
BMH is correct. There is no leeway on this rule unfortunately. All of the squares must be the same exact count and be the same exact size in order to look consistent for the quit.

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

:yahoo: Yeaaaaah !!! so exciting !!
just for me to know, what has changed in comparison with previous year's rules ?
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.