Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Avengers Request

all non-video game related pattern requests...
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Avengers Request

Post by QueenBex »

Hey all, I'd really like some help getting a pattern for this picture

I want to stitch it for my local comic book store, the guy practically runs it by himself having only one or two days off and even goes in when he's ill etc. He does awesome charity work, currently working on a fine moustache for movember, and he loves Avengers. So I really want to sew this for the stores next birthday, so I have plenty of time to do a large one.

I don't mind how big it gets, the bigger and more detailed the better if I'm honest. I enjoy doing large ones, usually with around 100 colours. 18 count would suit me perfectly, but anything you can work out would be great.

Any help/ suggestions/ comments would be very welcome, thanks a lot guys! :hello:

PS. I've been thinking the top left corner is a bit empty, do you think the Avengers logo would look ok in that corner? I don't have the kinda tools to put that together though on this computer...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Avengers Request

Post by funkymonkey »

How big is "really big?"

I added a logo to this one and reduced it to 50%, if you did a pixel for pixel stitch of this on 18 count, it would be about 33" wide (600 stitches) and 18" tall (337 stitches). Is that what you want? Half that size? etc. Let me know approx. how many stitches wide you want it and I'll do what I can.
avengers.jpg
avengers.jpg (161.87 KiB) Viewed 7502 times

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Oh yes! 33 inches by 18 inches is perfect! I'm happy to do pixel by pixel. Sorry I should've given nore details! Oh and I use dmc threads, I don't mind if its not, but it'll save me money as I have a ton of dmc threads already! I'm getting all excited just thinking about it!
Thankyou sooo much!
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Ok, here it is! 100 colors.

I cleaned up the faces, but I didn't spend a lot of time on the background. You can be somewhat lenient with the pattern; i.e. if there's a single square of one color in the background somewhere, most likely you could replace it with the surrounding color and no one would notice.

The only other thing that sticks out to me is that the black seems really dark compared to the surrounding stuff, but if you look at the actual thread colors, there isn't as big of a difference; I think it will look fine.

Good luck! This is a serious undertaking.

As always, trust your eye rather than the color it says. It looks pretty good on the screen, but you never know in person how it's going to look until you're holding the threads.

KG-chart image:
avengers-kg.jpg
avengers-kg.jpg (356.64 KiB) Viewed 7442 times
Attachments
Avengers BW.pdf
(340.56 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Avengers Color.pdf
(2.06 MiB) Downloaded 549 times
Avengers.pat
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 335 times

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

:clapping: Thankyou sooo much! It looks really good! I'll see how it comes up, I plan to put up work in progress pics as I go, so I can always ask if I need help/ opinions on the colours. You are awesome! you even did a pdf in colour, how did you know that I prefer working coloured charts ;) You are fantastic! I shall crack on to it as soon as I can! :yahoo:

potters.superhero
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by potters.superhero »

Update us when you can!!!

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

will do, hopefully have a pic up later today

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Work in Progress thread now up;
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9364

biskityas
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by biskityas »

I love this, but I'm new to this and would love CA's colours a bit more blue, can anyone help?