Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

what does the forum need?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: what does the forum need?

Post by jelibe »

You don't want to over complicate such a great forum already by putting in sections that are unrelated to gaming or crafting. Surly writing comes under a different section altogether and unless its game related, wouldn't come under that section either. I like writing but I don't want to mix it into this forum. Don't you think we have enough already??

As for the 2 or 3 word comments. I say 2 or 3 words sometimes to say how much I like something, I don't think its spam and its adding to the discussion. Sometimes a little bit says more, don't you think. I love that new people are coming into this forum and I wouldn't want to alienate them by taking off posts because they didn't know there was a minimum in words to write, its not school.

I agree that we need a little more moderation but only in the sense that I've reported a lot of spam posts recently for * and medical websites.

You don't need to do such epic work for the challenges. I love that all crafts are involved in the same challenge. I love looking at all of them.

I love your work Ice but lets not over complicate Johloh's great site by giving him more work. :Link
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

How the heck would it be over complicating the site O_O That's really rude for you to say, completely debunking my suggestion like that. Pray tell, how the heck would it over complicate things? I've seen tons of forums that have those sections in addition to crafting, and in every single case it has helped the forum to expand. Yes, the forum is great, but it can only get better. What better way is there than to expand to different mediums of creativity. After all, we have a forum where people make bags, and dressers, and other things. Why shouldn't I be able to showcase my writing just because it's not stitching or beading, if these people are allowed to show off their alternative craft? This site is NOT just for game crafts. We've got anime, and animals, and so much more.

So, as I already mentioned, I really want to see some sort of writing section implemented, as it would allow me to enjoy the forum a lot more. I mean, we had a movie discussions in the misc. forum, but that didn't over complicate things. We have a twitter thread. That didn't over complicate things. We have so many random topics that come up that it's not fair at all to say that writing will over complicate a forum. I want a place to share my other talent. I don't appreciate being told it's over complicated. At all.

And I disagree about the two and three word posts. "Looks great." That just doesn't seem really helpful to me. People should be allowed to compliment a project, but say it intelligebly. No, this isn't school, but did I say it was? No, I didn't. But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be basic rules that everyone should have to read and follow. All forums have rules, after all. There could be a small post length one, and guidelines and for pictures and stuff.

Yeah, I also fail to see how adding 'one' more section to the forum would possibly give him more work than adding the non-videogame craft section did. <<

Let Johloh decide, please, instead of attacking my entire suggestion like that.
Last edited by Icedevimon13 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

When you said a different section you could just add a new topic to the misc section. Not everyone is into writing. You seem to take things to a really bad place, don't make me the bad guy for having my opinion. I know there are anime bits in here and other topics but they don't have a whole section just devote to one thing. Just add a new topic and see who joins, you can do that.

I like it when people say what they want to say even if its just two words, at least they care enough to write that about my work, still makes me smile. :D I love what everyone does and what comes off the top of my head is " That's great!" Words cannot express how I feel about stuff, I just say how it makes my feel.
I don't wish to make you angry but you must have known your post would have some differing opinions. I just happen to be the first to have my say. You've got a great mind and great work shown on here. Please don't think I'm just debunking you.
Can we shake hands and be happy again. :nod

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

Not everyone is into writing? Well, not everyone is into perler beading. Or dressers. Or bibs. Or t-shirts. Or painting. But we have all that stuff, don't we?

Differing opinions or not, it was rude. There are so many better ways you could have worded yourself than telling me that I would only over complicate a forum. That makes me feel terrible, and it makes me feel terrible about the craft that I care more about than stitching.

Just forget I ever suggested a thing. It doesn't matter at all. T_T
Last edited by Icedevimon13 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

just reply and didn't see pm till I replied to post.

nyami
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by nyami »

How about putting a Sticky in the Perler Beads thread that has a list of Suppliers that we can find good prices at?

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

nyami wrote:How about putting a Sticky in the Perler Beads thread that has a list of Suppliers that we can find good prices at?
I can do that. Would you guys like a suppliers thread in both the stitching and perler crafts sub-forums or do you think it should be in the Technique/Guides or Misc sub-forums?
Image Image Image Image

gizmo85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gizmo85 »

Servotron wrote:
nyami wrote:How about putting a Sticky in the Perler Beads thread that has a list of Suppliers that we can find good prices at?
I can do that. Would you guys like a suppliers thread in both the stitching and perler crafts sub-forums or do you think it should be in the Technique/Guides or Misc sub-forums?
That would be great. I would especially like to know if there are any Perler suppliers in Canada (ones that can sell single colours and not the mixed stuff) cause it costs me alot more to have them sent over the border.

Cheers

:good:

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

gizmo85 wrote:
Servotron wrote:
That would be great. I would especially like to know if there are any Perler suppliers in Canada (ones that can sell single colours and not the mixed stuff) cause it costs me alot more to have them sent over the border.

Cheers

:good:
Gizmo,

I believe ShampooTeacher posted earlier about Callahan13 as a bead supplier. She is really good and ships to Canada. She has really good prices and cheap shipping. I’m in Canada and haven’t been able to find a supplier but she is excellent! I would recommend her. Plus, if you email her your order and not go through ebay she gives you a discount because she doesn’t have to pay ebay fees.

gizmo85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gizmo85 »

Cheers

:good:[/quote]

Gizmo,

I believe ShampooTeacher posted earlier about Callahan13 as a bead supplier. She is really good and ships to Canada. She has really good prices and cheap shipping. I’m in Canada and haven’t been able to find a supplier but she is excellent! I would recommend her. Plus, if you email her your order and not go through ebay she gives you a discount because she doesn’t have to pay ebay fees.[/quote]

Oh that's awesome. Thanks alot LiquidKarma. :good: