Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Maxxyne's Stitches

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Maxxyne
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Maxxyne's Stitches

Post by Maxxyne »

Original thread title is original!

New member, getting back into cross-stitching after a many-year hiatus. It's slow going, but it's fun to do again.

First thing I did was a Bulbasaur, just to see if I remembered how to take needle to aida again, and lo and behold, it was just like riding a bike. I made the pattern myself with PCStitch after grabbing a sprite off of The Shyguy Kingdom. Just a few colours, clear plastic frame that's magnetized to the fridge.
Spoiler
Second was something a bit more colourful, everyone's favourite poptart-cat-space-rainbow. Took me just over a week I think, working on and off. Forgot how easily the floss knots, so my grumbles were almost as colourful as its rainbow trail. I apologize for the horrendously grainy quality of the picture, my camera refuses to take anything better of it. Got enough room on the aida for another 3, might do them and sell them or something. Need to find a bunch of small and cheap frames...
Spoiler
Current project is a Charizard + Gyarados for an old friend back in Canada, for his birthday/Cmas present. Just started it today (08/10/12), so I don't really have anything to post for it. Will post an update on it in a couple days, probably. Getting all the Gyarados floss on Sunday, when Michael's is having their 25% off everything sale.

Update 08/20/12 - Charizard half of the project done, now on to Gyarados:
Spoiler
Update 08/30/12 - Gyarados done.
Spoiler
Update 09/06/12 - Ninetales done.
Spoiler
Update 09/15/12 - Ivysaur done.
Spoiler
Last edited by Maxxyne on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
Maxxyne's Stitches - cross-stitch projects
Current project - none. Looking around for inspiration.

Maxxyne
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Maxxyne's Stitches

Post by Maxxyne »

After a couple days poking at Charizard, a (slow-ish) progress pic. Single strand, 18ct aida, while catching up with Justified. Think I'll catch up with Game of Thrones next. Apologies for the poor camera quality again, the lightning down in the basement isn't the best and flash destroys it.
Spoiler
Made the pattern myself from the Black/White sprite and PCStitch.
Last edited by Maxxyne on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Looking good so far! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Maxxyne
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Maxxyne »

Thanks BMH!

Random small sections are annoying... spent yesterday doing the black bits, still got a couple to do. But at least it's starting to look like Charizard. Sharp image with terrible flash, blurry without flash... I can't win with this camera.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Thats coming along nicely
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Maxxyne
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Maxxyne »

Thank you!

Small update - started on a bit of the darker orange, only to find out that PCStitch or DMC lied to me. What PCStitch claimed was dark orange is in fact dark copper, and contrasts very sharply with the main orange colour. I am disappoint, and can only hope it's not as drastic in the finished product.
Spoiler

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

Stuff like that always happens! It looks all wrong when you start out but 99% of the time it looks fine when it's done!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

There was a website a few years back that had patterns for all the Pokemon. They had one for the same Charizard you're doing that I did, except it was mirrored. If you'd like, I can send you the PDF, because it was pretty accurate for me with the colors.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Blink190 wrote:There was a website a few years back that had patterns for all the Pokemon. They had one for the same Charizard you're doing that I did, except it was mirrored. If you'd like, I can send you the PDF, because it was pretty accurate for me with the colors.
That'll be Littlemojo's site? I remember the Charizard on her pattern being the opposite way :P

They can all be found at https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=adef20f4 ... 282822!550
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

blackmageheart wrote:
Blink190 wrote:There was a website a few years back that had patterns for all the Pokemon. They had one for the same Charizard you're doing that I did, except it was mirrored. If you'd like, I can send you the PDF, because it was pretty accurate for me with the colors.
That'll be Littlemojo's site? I remember the Charizard on her pattern being the opposite way :P

They can all be found at https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=adef20f4 ... 282822!550
Ooh, they're still out there, good. I remember the site had gone down