Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Introductions

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
deborah
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Introductions

Post by deborah »

Hi I am Deborah from Tennessee. I have been cross stitching for a long time. I have finished four zelda cross stich patterns and am working on my last zelda cross stitch pattern. I have done some cross stitches for people as a present. Sometimes I have done some with child and birth on them and wedding date on them. I have done two castlevania cross stitches and mostly zelda cross stitches based on video games. I found out about this site thrugh nintendo power magazine. I will post the zelda cross stitches as soon as I get done with the last one. Deborah

Sewsew-a-Gogo
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Sewsew-a-Gogo »

Hey guys! I'm Amber and I live in the middle of nowhere. I mostly do embroidery but I've just picked cross stitching back up (thanks to this site!) I have the attention span of a rodent when it comes to craft projects so I have multiple things that I'm currently working on. I've just started the Mike Tyson's Punch Out patterns for a present for my husband (who thinks it's the greatest game ever invented.) His birthday is at the end of November so if I push myself I can possibly finish it in time... for next year. Okay, I'm kidding! (I hope.) Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for having such an awesome site that provides us with some kick a** patterns!

dayla
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by dayla »

gillianms wrote:I'm a huge fan of the LucasArts games, so my next project was going to be a self-made pattern from Day of the Tentacle. But now this monthly challenge has come up and I want to enter that, so I'm rethinking. :)
Oooh! You'll have to share your Day of the Tentacle pattern when you make it...such a great game!

As for myself, my name is Becki and I currently live in Brooklyn. Crocheting is my main craft (and in fact johloh was kind enough to post my Baby Mario and Yoshi scarves here!) and I've been doing that for a few years but I really enjoy cross stitching as well. My most recent project was cross stitching a companion cube for my fiancé for Valentine's Day, which was a big hit :) (He made himself a companion cube costume for Halloween...that's kind of a craft, right?!)

Now I'm trying to figure out what to make for the craft challenge (which is a great idea, by the way!)...

anneandkita
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by anneandkita »

I'm Anne (Kita is the cat) and I am in the same lab as Gillian. She showed me the website and suddenly we were making yoshi mosaics, perler bead FF mages and quilted pillows based on sprites.
I'm also a PhD student doing video game research. I grew up doing cross stitch with my mom, aunt and grandma. It was the only thing we really had in common since I've been a geek pretty much since birth and the females in my family aren't really into computers.

Danyell
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Danyell »

Hi I am Danyell and I just love Sprite Stitch. I am pregnant and want to do my nursery in a classic nintendo/ video game theme. I have started one large one piece with plans for several others. I look forward to posting some completed stitchings.

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

I'm Benjamin, and I live in Chicago currently. I first cross stitched in grade school. I made a couple of tiny agrarian scenes from a kit that were actually quite cute (my mom still has one on display). Somehow it never struck me as odd that a boy might be cross stitching. I remember one of my older friends down the lane also did it. I didn't do anything else in the intervening 20-odd years until my wife decided that she would make her xmas gifts out of the Subversive Cross Stitch book. That really lit a fire in my belly and since then I've made a couple dozen video game and Mac related stitches.

You can see most of my stuff on my own site Sorry Town, USA or on Flickr. I'm currently working on another Mac stitch and continuing to hammer away at the Dragon Warrior monsters effort.
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

tastethehappy
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by tastethehappy »

Hi everyone! I'm Melissa, I suddenly got into this geek/craft mode just over a year ago but never completed anything until late last year. I remembered doing cross stitch as a kid, so I thought I'd pick that back up and what better subject to stitch but sprites! I was quite shocked to see that there were so many others out there doing the same thing, but it's awesome to see all the different pieces people have created. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to stitching soon, work's been crazy!

Gillian - Hope to see your DoTT stitch one day! LucasArts adventure games were the best.

John - Great work on the site, I'm glad to see how much its prospered!

dayla
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by dayla »

benjibot wrote:I'm Benjamin, and I live in Chicago currently. I first cross stitched in grade school. I made a couple of tiny agrarian scenes from a kit that were actually quite cute (my mom still has one on display). Somehow it never struck me as odd that a boy might be cross stitching. I remember one of my older friends down the lane also did it. I didn't do anything else in the intervening 20-odd years until my wife decided that she would make her xmas gifts out of the Subversive Cross Stitch book. That really lit a fire in my belly and since then I've made a couple dozen video game and Mac related stitches.

You can see most of my stuff on my own site Sorry Town, USA or on Flickr. I'm currently working on another Mac stitch and continuing to hammer away at the Dragon Warrior monsters effort.
I saw "Mac related stitches" and I just had to see for myself. That happy Mac icon you cross stitched is AWESOME! :D

Rikard
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Rikard »

Hi guys, My name is Rachel. I live in Memphis, TN and I came across the site merely by accident. I use to cross stitch alot when I was younger but just recently picked it up again after seeing Mario across the NES ages. I just finished it last weekend. (I added Mario in Goomba's Shoe). I even taught my roommate how to cross stitch! I am about to work on a Dr. Mario piece. I'll post pics soon!
Perfection is the enemy of creativity...

Bellastitch
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Bellastitch »

Hello everyone! I'm Abi. I learned to cross stitch when I was 10, but didn't really get addicted to it until I was 17... almost 15 years later, I am more addicted than ever! You can see all my projects on my website: http://www.bellastitch.com
Visit my blog and gallery! http://www.bellastitch.com