Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Zelda hearts necklace <3

Pixel Stitches
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Zelda hearts necklace <3

Post by Pixel Stitches »

Here's another necklace I just finished, hearts from Zelda made out of mini hama beads strung together!:

I originally had more hearts on it, but I thought it looked best with just three. And sorry again for the awful picture...I need to get my camera fixed, so in the meantime I have to use my lame phone >_> Anywhoo hope you guys like it!

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Zelda hearts necklace <3

Post by carand88 »

this is really pretty. how long did it take you to make this?

Pixel Stitches
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Pixel Stitches »

Thank you! Hmmm, the actual making of the hearts didn't take too long, what was a real pain was making the chain for it. I kinda had to measure how long I wanted it all to be, cut each individual piece, and then try to work it into the ironed mini hama beads, plus adding the latch in the back. So maybe a total of an hour or so? Usually basic necklaces for me take about 15 mins to give some contrast ;)

Missjustmejosie
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Missjustmejosie »

AMG.
i havent seen this post until today but 3 days ago i made the *exact* same necklace, tho mine is with normal beads not minis.
i was just going to make single a heart on a keyring and then thought how awesome 3 would look on a necklace.

great minds ey.

Pixel Stitches
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Pixel Stitches »

Missjustmejosie wrote:AMG.
i havent seen this post until today but 3 days ago i made the *exact* same necklace, tho mine is with normal beads not minis.
i was just going to make single a heart on a keyring and then thought how awesome 3 would look on a necklace.

great minds ey.
Haha that's crazy! Go figure :mspac I got on a trip of recreating "life gauges" from games, along with my Mario 2 one xD

You should post yours! I wanna see :peach

sfxbecks
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by sfxbecks »

Thats awesome!! I want one!! :D

spinuntilyoufall
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by spinuntilyoufall »

Bamiyan wrote:Thank you! Hmmm, the actual making of the hearts didn't take too long, what was a real pain was making the chain for it. I kinda had to measure how long I wanted it all to be, cut each individual piece, and then try to work it into the ironed mini hama beads, plus adding the latch in the back. So maybe a total of an hour or so? Usually basic necklaces for me take about 15 mins to give some contrast ;)
This is something that I've been looking into starting - but I can't find the mini beads ANYWHERE... where do you get yours?
Current Projects:
Star Wars Stitches!
Child's Play Squares

Pixel Stitches
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Pixel Stitches »

spinuntilyoufall wrote: This is something that I've been looking into starting - but I can't find the mini beads ANYWHERE... where do you get yours?
You can only get them imported from overseas, which is why I think we don't see too many projects made with them (at least in the U.S.). It can get pretty pricey when having to import that much, on top of shipping taking forever! I personally order mine though: http://www.scottishfibres.co.uk/newera/index.html. These guys are super nice, and any problem I've ever had, they've sovled super quick :)

Also each color only comes in 2,000 bead bags which can be a pain if you only wanted to make one or two projects...since I make so many things with 'em, I just have a huge back stock of pretty much every color.

spinuntilyoufall
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by spinuntilyoufall »

Thanks! I was wondering why I couldn't find them at all - I wonder why they don't have them here?
Current Projects:
Star Wars Stitches!
Child's Play Squares

Pixel Stitches
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Pixel Stitches »

Hama is a dutch company I believe, so I guess that's Europe's version of Perler. I sometimes order just their regular size Hama beads as well to have slight variation in colors when making a large Perler project. Nice to have options, but sucks to be so hard for us to get over here :P