Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Link (Legend of Zelda) Baby Blanket

video game related pattern requests...
SecondHand
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Link (Legend of Zelda) Baby Blanket

Post by SecondHand »

Some friends have recently found out that after a long time trying they are going to be having a baby (Yay!). To celebrate, I want to make them a Link baby blanket. Hopefully it will turn out well and the baby can be indoctrinated into awesome video games as early as possible.

I have decided on this (http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/prod ... ID=prd2349) baby blanket which has 25 six-inch 14-count blocks.

Inspired by this (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=293) fantastic pattern, I am looking for five separate Link patterns (each from a different version of the game) that would fit nicely in a six-inch block. I would like them each to fill up the squares as much as possible and keep the pixilation look, but also be consistent in their comparative sizes. Additionally, I would like the Tri Force symbol to put in the center of the blanket, again in a six-inch square. If this could be situated diagonally in the six-inch square, I would appreciate it.

Any help will be incredibly appreciated!
Last edited by SecondHand on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Link (Legend of Zelda) Baby Blanket

Post by blackmageheart »

SecondHand wrote:I am looking for five separate Link patterns (each from a different version of the game) that would fit nicely in a six-inch block. If they could all be similar in visual size and keep the pixilation look, that would be great also.
What sort of thing are you looking for? Just Links or Link with backgrounds/items/etc?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

SecondHand
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by SecondHand »

blackmageheart wrote:What sort of thing are you looking for? Just Links or Link with backgrounds/items/etc?
I am looking for just the Links themselves with no background. This ( :link ) sort of thing. I will be honest that Zelda is not my personal brand of geek, but this is for a friends that is seriously into the games. So I am hoping to keep this as true to the games as possible. That being said, I was advised that instead of having the Links all be the same size they should keep their comparative sizes (some being bigger than others). But I would like them to be as substantial as possible within the six-inch squares.
I am not attached to them being facing forward or in profile, but I would prefer that they all be consistent with one another.

Does this portray what I am looking for? If you have any more questions please let me know! I would like to get started on this as soon as possible so I can get this finished by the time the baby gets here.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

OK I get it now.

Couple more questions, though: will the Links be in separate squares or all in one? If separate, how much of the square do you want them to fill?

EDIT: Just re-read your original post and noticed what you said about filling the squares up as much as possible :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

OK I spent a bit of time grabbing sprites and making them bigger. I re-drew all the sprites at twice normal size, to try and fill up more of the squares. I couldn't get a Triforce or Hyrule Crest to be diagonal and good quality at the same time but that might just be me :P
However, I did include a couple of nice little Hyrule Crests that you might like!

Please take a look and let me know what you think:
Spoiler
Previews exported from KGChart
Previews exported from KGChart
Link Squares.png (11.88 KiB) Viewed 9827 times
Link Baby Squares.zip
(65.58 KiB) Downloaded 648 times
Inside the zip is a bunch of KGChart patterns, plus preview images of each. Please check the colours of the patterns against real life thread colours as KG is notorious for occasionally going nuts!

If there's anything else I can do for you, like PDFs or whatever, please don't hesitate to ask! :D