Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Mario RPG-S'crow Funk Pattern

video game related pattern requests...
ohm
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Mario RPG-S'crow Funk Pattern

Post by ohm »

Hi gang--I just got into stitching recently and I've been lurking for a few weeks. So much great stuff!

My husband's birthday is at the end of August and he is a huge fan of Mario RPG. I want to stitch him the scarecrow form that characters take after they're hit with the S'crow Funk curse.

Huge, huge complication: this game is pretty old, not particularly popular, and has never been remade. So I'm having trouble finding a quality image to put through my PCStitch program, and I anticipate that a quality pattern of this will involve some artful manipulation that I'm not really experienced enough at pattern-making to handle. (If anyone wants to put their google image search skills to the test on this and can find a better image, that would be awesome too!)

I took the following screenshot from a youtube video of the fight it occurs in and blew it up (and attempted to remove the black background, with limited success). As you can see, it's pretty pixelated and tough to make out. Hopefully someone has the expertise/time to sharpen it up into something that actually looks ok.

I'm hoping to make it fairly small, between 4 in and 8 in square, with as many colors as it needs (I figure it won't be too many, though, since most of the color variation in my picture currently is caused by pixelation and not the actual colors). I only need the figure itself, not any background stitching.

PCStitch and pdf formats are both fine.

Thanks so much in advance!
Attachments
scrowfunk.JPG
scrowfunk.JPG (29.58 KiB) Viewed 4769 times

techno-ninja
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Mario RPG-S'crow Funk Pattern

Post by techno-ninja »

THis is the best i could do i'm afraid- also you may want to double check the colours as kgchart has been known to throw out some pretty random colours!

I left the files in sth format so if anyone can do anything else to them they are pretty easy to edit. To view edit sth files just download kgchart (completely free) from http://www.iktsoft.net/kgchart-en/kgchart/ (sorry if you already knew this, just thought i'd make sure!
Attachments
scarecrow 2 draft.sth
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
scarecrow first draft.sth
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

ohm
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Mario RPG-S'crow Funk Pattern

Post by ohm »

Thanks so much! They look great, and my giant screenshot looks pretty silly now. I think I'm gonna go for the circular one.

Do you know whether there's any easy way to make a pattern bigger (in terms of stitches, not zooming) in KG Chart or any of the other programs?