Post by Squall5005 »

Haha. That's brilliant.

I want this on at-shirt!!

predawn
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: How Tetris Happens

Post by predawn »

Squall5005 wrote:Haha. That's brilliant.

I want this on at-shirt!!
I second that!!
Current projects:
Tetris magnets
Celestial Gathering (Dimensions)
???

Siva
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Siva »

OMG! I never knew tetris was such a cruel game, and I still love it!! This is def. goinf to be my next project!

TristaKatagata
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by TristaKatagata »

I.. I love this! I am going to definitely make it.
Projects:
EC challenge!
Hwoarang, Devil Jin and Miguel bookmarks/profiles from Tekken
Bloodline Rebellion Tekken 6 image
Languages of Love
and so many more

Schifer
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Schifer »

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me? I want to attempt this project and the pattern calls for 28ct/inch but the most my local store sells is 18ct Aida in the size needed, any clue how much the pattern would be distorted if I placed it on the 18ct or where online i could find the 28ct needed in the correct size?

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Schifer wrote:Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me? I want to attempt this project and the pattern calls for 28ct/inch but the most my local store sells is 18ct Aida in the size needed, any clue how much the pattern would be distorted if I placed it on the 18ct or where online i could find the 28ct needed in the correct size?
It wouldn't be distorted, but it would be a different size on 18ct than 28ct. On 18ct this piece would be just less than 16" x 24".
I can't speak for your locality but I do know that most counts of aida/evenweave/linen are sold online - personally I use Ebay as the Ebay shops here in the UK are quite reliable - but perhaps someone on your side of the world could give you better tips on where to get your fabrics :D

EDIT: After thinking about it, I came back to edit this post and add that the dimensions in the pattern might be for 28ct stitched over 2, which I think would be the same as stitching it on 14ct aida. If so, then what I said about 18ct being larger isn't true. I hope that's not too confusing for you! :D
Last edited by blackmageheart on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Being dumb earlier :P
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

spinuntilyoufall
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by spinuntilyoufall »

blackmageheart wrote:
Schifer wrote:Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me? I want to attempt this project and the pattern calls for 28ct/inch but the most my local store sells is 18ct Aida in the size needed, any clue how much the pattern would be distorted if I placed it on the 18ct or where online i could find the 28ct needed in the correct size?
It wouldn't be distorted, but it would be a different size on 18ct than 28ct. On 18ct this piece would be just less than 16" x 24".
I can't speak for your locality but I do know that most counts of aida/evenweave/linen are sold online - personally I use Ebay as the Ebay shops here in the UK are quite reliable - but perhaps someone on your side of the world could give you better tips on where to get your fabrics :D
Yep! I'm really bad about putting the Aida thread count because I find that KGStitch calculates the size wrong half the time anyways - I always go by the number of stitches, instead. :)
Current Projects:
Star Wars Stitches!
Child's Play Squares

curliewurlie
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by curliewurlie »

WOW...that's amazing!
Failures taught me that you're not a failure until you give up.
The endless pile of 'To-dos' - Scott Pilgrim Collage, Rawrrrr, Gotham Girls, Legoman evolution

alicia1018
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by alicia1018 »

This is awesome!!
Follow me on Facebook! www.facebook.com/littletcup
Check out my etsy shop! www.etsy.com/shop/LittleTcup