Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

very first ... everything

video game related pattern requests...
jamvin
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

very first ... everything

Post by jamvin »

I've been lurking for awhile, gathering ideas and tons of inspiration from everything I've seen here, and now I'd like to try a hand at it myself.

I am new to cross-stitching, but would very much like to get into it, as it seems video game art is "easy" to do with it. It's my 3 year anniversary with my partner this August and I would like to present him with a geeky gift. I was wondering if someone could transform this image into a cross stitch pattern for me, pdf (or jpg with thread list) preferred as I do not have the appropriate programs to open the other pattern files.
Spoiler
if it is at all possible to add the words 'i choose you' underneath (all lowercase letters) that would be awesome!
[edit]
after checking out the 'sample request thread' (my bad for not checking it first) I would like to add that the size I'd like to ask for is 1 pixel = 1 stitch. I have no idea how large that would make the finished product or anything, and as for # of colors, well as many as it takes for the sprites I've chosen.

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: very first ... everything

Post by carand88 »

how's this?
Attachments
i choose you.pdf
(440.16 KiB) Downloaded 956 times
i choose you.sth
(37.65 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

jamvin
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by jamvin »

that's awesome! Thank you so much, I'll post updates as I work on this for sure!

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

no problem. it was my pleasure doing this. happy stitching!!

spinuntilyoufall
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by spinuntilyoufall »

jamvin wrote:I am new to cross-stitching, but would very much like to get into it, as it seems video game art is "easy" to do with it. It's my 3 year anniversary with my partner this August and I would like to present him with a geeky gift. I was wondering if someone could transform this image into a cross stitch pattern for me, pdf (or jpg with thread list) preferred as I do not have the appropriate programs to open the other pattern files.
Welcome to cross stitching - beware, it's INCREDIBLY addictive; before you know it you'll have a closet full of supplies and stacks of projects lined up! :yahoo:

Happy Stitching!!
Current Projects:
Star Wars Stitches!
Child's Play Squares

jamvin
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by jamvin »

spinuntilyoufall wrote:
Welcome to cross stitching - beware, it's INCREDIBLY addictive; before you know it you'll have a closet full of supplies and stacks of projects lined up! :yahoo:

Happy Stitching!!
Oh yes, I believe it's addicting lol, just for the few days I spent lurking, I've been building up a 'to-do' list in my head a mile long. It helps that I work at a craft store, supplies at a discount? You bet!

spinuntilyoufall
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by spinuntilyoufall »

jamvin wrote:Oh yes, I believe it's addicting lol, just for the few days I spent lurking, I've been building up a 'to-do' list in my head a mile long. It helps that I work at a craft store, supplies at a discount? You bet!
*Gasp* I'm so jealous!! Although, it's probably good I don't work at a craft store - I would just end up taking my paycheck in trade :)
Current Projects:
Star Wars Stitches!
Child's Play Squares

techno-ninja
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by techno-ninja »

spinuntilyoufall wrote:
*Gasp* I'm so jealous!! Although, it's probably good I don't work at a craft store - I would just end up taking my paycheck in trade :)
i can agree with this 100%!