Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario Bros 3 Font

all non-video game related pattern requests...
hoosier
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Super Mario Bros 3 Font

Post by hoosier »

I'd like to stitch my son's name (Jeffrey) in the SMB3 font. Size doesn't matter, I'd prefer to use a 22ct hardanger. I have actually used KG Chart LE for several years, so I'd like it to be in the .sth format so I can add to the design. I'd like to add scenes from the game inside the letters. Is anyone willing to take this on? I'd be happy to stitch you something in trade.
Thanks!

StitchPlease
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Super Mario Bros 3 Font

Post by StitchPlease »

You can use this site to type up whatever you'd like. Just choose SMB3 from the list, and what size and color you need. If you need it imported into KG-Chart, I can help with that. It sounds like you know what you're doing though. :hello:

http://nfggames.com/games/fontmaker/

hoosier
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by hoosier »

Thanks purcell. I actually found that site when I was googling earlier, but I had missed that font. I have a few projects that I'll be able to use that for. :good: The one I'm looking for is the title screen font, in all caps. See here. http://www.fontspace.com/mario-monsters ... mario-bros
I think that the block style of the letters would lend themselves well to putting bits of background and characters in.
Speaking of, do you know of a site where I could find such sprites and backgrounds to use in KG? I'm familiar with KG, but doing these Mario charts are totally new to me. Thanks so much!

StitchPlease
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by StitchPlease »

Well, I took the site you pointed out and downloaded the font and installed it. Then I did the whole alphabet and imported it into a pattern.
SMB Font.sth
(59.28 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
Let me know if you want the letters any bigger. Also let me give you the site I use for all of my sprites.
http://spriters-resource.com/

Good luck, and let me know if you need anything else!

hoosier
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by hoosier »

I have downloaded from here and used KG Chart to open files many times, but I can't do it with this one. I download, open KG, file, open, recent docs, and it's just not there. I've restarted my browser, my computer, defragged...I'm so aggravated. :banghead: Is there any way to put it into a pdf?

StitchPlease
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by StitchPlease »

Sure!
SMBFont.pdf
(1014.83 KiB) Downloaded 714 times

hoosier
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by hoosier »

Thank you purcell! I am all over this project-I've had a terribly long day and can't wait to get started on it! Can I stitch or crochet anything for you as a thank you? Thanks again!

StitchPlease
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by StitchPlease »

Not a problem! Make sure to post up WIP shots and keep everyone updated on your project. That's all the reward I want. :good:

hoosier
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by hoosier »

You've got it! I'm finishing up a small Mario for his room, and this is my next project in line. I'm excited to get working on it. Thanks again!