Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

A few completed projects from a new Member

TacoMagic
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

A few completed projects from a new Member

Post by TacoMagic »

I'm new to the boards and fairly new to perler beads and crochet. I came across this site in my searches for old NES and SNES patterns and found it housed quite an array of awesome projects. Since I'm big into the sharing of projects, I'll add a few of my recently completed perler bead projects.

1-UP Coaster made for my wife

A set of Mario coasters I made as a gift.

An altered Mega Man Sprite called Helmbot. His head is just big enough to put a drink on, so it makes a decent coaster.

A bionic commando for putting up at work. We have lots of pressurized air pipes spread across our walls. One of them is capped on the end, a perfect spot for a bionic arm to attach for a good swing.

A framed Vincent Valentine made as a gift. I'm rather happy how this turned out.

All the coasters are backed with cork for absorbency. The framed Vincent was hot glued to a sheet of blood red scrapbooking paper as a background before being put in the frame.

Thanks for looking at my stuff. I also crocheted some stuff which I'll be putting in the Misc projects section as I gather pictures for them.

Cheers,
Taco
-Confusion is a state of mind, or is it?

YeahYeahYouWere
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: A few completed projects from a new Member

Post by YeahYeahYouWere »

Fine work taco! I especially like the bionic commando - you should get a pic once you get him put up at work.

And welcome to the forum :) Be sure to keep us posted on your work!
Current Projects: Legend of Zelda Magnet Set, Mario Kart coasters (50% done - Mario and Peach finished, Yoshi and Luigi or Toad pending)
Finished Projects: Assorted Coasters, Mega Man 2 Robot Master Magnets, Angry Birds Magnets

corbin
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by corbin »

I love the bomb-omb and shy guy, especially the colors, great job!
A Stitch is Worth... How much is a stitch worth?

DigiPep
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by DigiPep »

LOVE the bionic commando! It's great and really fresh! Welcome to Sprite stitch!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

welcome!

I must add to the my agreement on the bionic comando...great work, and one of my favorite games. SO FEW bionic commando crafts on here, great to see one!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

TacoMagic
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by TacoMagic »

Thanks guys!

Bionic Commando is one of my all-time favorites, so I'll probably make more projects based on it. I'd really like to eventually crochet myself a little Ladd Spencer to hang out on my desk.

My other projects include doing a bunch of Blaster Master themed stuff too, as that is also high on my list of NES favs. I think a Sophia bookmark might be called for... if I can find my cross stitch supplies.

Cheers,
Taco

EDIT: Ladd is swinging at my work currently, as was the original intent. I'll try to remember to bring the camera one of these days so I can update everyone on where he ended up.