Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Mario Coaster Set

iamadecoy
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Mario Coaster Set

Post by iamadecoy »

My boyfriend desperately needed coasters for our table, so I decided to make some for him! It's probably my most favorite thing that I've done so far!
Spoiler
I put them up on my Etsy, but I'll have to make a new set if anyone wants them. These are spoken for!

Rozez1982
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Mario Coaster Set

Post by Rozez1982 »

Those are nice. I love how they have a clear background, makes them really pop. Way to be creative! :D

YeahYeahYouWere
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by YeahYeahYouWere »

Very nice! The controller holder really ties it all together :)
Current Projects: Legend of Zelda Magnet Set, Mario Kart coasters (50% done - Mario and Peach finished, Yoshi and Luigi or Toad pending)
Finished Projects: Assorted Coasters, Mega Man 2 Robot Master Magnets, Angry Birds Magnets

Ellentje
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Ellentje »

Really nice! I really like the box :D

double j
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by double j »

Very cool. :Mario

RenaeNaeMarie
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by RenaeNaeMarie »

Awesome! Do you plan on putting cork on the backsides, or something? I made coasters once and I felt like they were incomplete because sometimes the condensation would seep through the beads. Any suggestions from anyone?

Yours look great. The controller box is really cool too! :good:

iamadecoy
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by iamadecoy »

Thanks for all the lovely comments!

I'm thinking about putting cork on the next ones to make them more functional, but with the clear background it would have looked strange to have something on the bottom!

Alora
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Alora »

RenaeNaeMarie wrote:Awesome! Do you plan on putting cork on the backsides, or something? I made coasters once and I felt like they were incomplete because sometimes the condensation would seep through the beads. Any suggestions from anyone?

I was actually thinking of making some coasters myself and thought of a solution for this. A lot of mass-manufactured coaster (like made of metal or ceramic) use felt backing. So I was going to cut out felt (like the flat sheets you get at craft stores) to the shape of the coaster and attach with either an epoxy or hot glue. Haven't tried yet, but felt can be pretty absorbent! Cork might be too fragile to withstand condensation.

RenaeNaeMarie
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by RenaeNaeMarie »

Alora wrote:
RenaeNaeMarie wrote:Awesome! Do you plan on putting cork on the backsides, or something? I made coasters once and I felt like they were incomplete because sometimes the condensation would seep through the beads. Any suggestions from anyone?

I was actually thinking of making some coasters myself and thought of a solution for this. A lot of mass-manufactured coaster (like made of metal or ceramic) use felt backing. So I was going to cut out felt (like the flat sheets you get at craft stores) to the shape of the coaster and attach with either an epoxy or hot glue. Haven't tried yet, but felt can be pretty absorbent! Cork might be too fragile to withstand condensation.
Cork is often used for coasters like these. I have some coasters that are just straight cork too and they're very absorbent. Felt might work if there is very little condensation.
iamadecoy wrote:Thanks for all the lovely comments!

I'm thinking about putting cork on the next ones to make them more functional, but with the clear background it would have looked strange to have something on the bottom!
I didn't think about the clear beads! You're right, some of mine have clear beads too and I didn't even think about how silly they would look with something visible on the back lol. I'll stick with no back for now, too! :)

mariojunkie
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by mariojunkie »

Love it!!! Super Cute!
"Dad, I'm not going to do hamster style anymore"