Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

MissNelyra
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Post by MissNelyra »

I have the exact same question as SephreniaMusic. I have like 71 color which is a lot and there is some who only has like 4 of 7 stitch so i tried to delete them, but instead of replacing them for a similar color, it put a white dot on my pattern...the only way is to "change color" instead of "delete" i guess, or is there a easier way to get it done?
Sorry about my english, french is my primary language!

MissNelyra
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by MissNelyra »

Also, another question, how can i export my pattern with sign but without color?

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Realizes that my question was wrongly asked. I know how to change the color one stitch at the time but is there a way to choose to change all of one color to another or must it be done one after the other and is there a way to surch for colors in the pattern? My pattern has almost 12000 stitches so finding just one stitch among them is not easy.

MissNelyra
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by MissNelyra »

At your right the colors are listed, and if you select "selected" instead of "palette" i think (not sure about the word, i'm on your mac lol) you can choose the color you wish to change, than right-click -> change color, than you enter the number or select it in the list then okay, and all your stitch of this color is change.

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Worked perfectly, thank you MissNelyra. The funny thing is that I tried that before but since it looked like the color I changed just disapeared without there being more stitches of the one I changed too I thought I'd done something wrong and backstepped. After some working with KG-chart I had realized that I need to save for changes to show but I'd forgotten why I'd thought it went. Your post made me retry it and now I'm finally done, I think ;)

Ellentje
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Ellentje »

SephreniaMusic wrote:After some working with KG-chart I had realized that I need to save for changes to show
Don't know if you know this already, but if you click the exclamation mark button that is on the top right of the floss list in KG-Chart it will recount the pattern and process the changes :D

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Didn't know that. Thank you. It has felt a bit uncomfortable to save after every change to see it recounted before I knew if I wanted it that way so I have many versions saved. This will simplify things a lot :D

lauram340
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by lauram340 »

This sounds really daft but are the colours that are used in KG Chart version 1.12 the same colours of the thread? I ask because I am currently making a pattern and I have printed out the colour guide for DMC online (this one: http://yarntree.com/075dmcolors.jpg) and the colours don't match up with each other. Just wondering which one I should use as I want perfect colours :)

YeahYeahYouWere
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by YeahYeahYouWere »

I have found that sometimes KG Chart does not always display an accurate representation of the colors. For example, if you look at 704 (top of Row 10) it's a grassy green, but in KG it displays as a much darker looking hunter green. So it's not really a daft question, unless I too am daft :D

I have also found that KG isn't quite perfect when it comes to picking the colors, though it usually does a good job. I have always found it best to double-check the colors when I go to buy them in the store - usually I just print out a small picture (since I am only good enough to do sprites) and take it with me to confirm.

Edit: OK, 704 seems to be OK in 1.12, it was definitely off in the older version, but I stand by my claim that sometimes the display isn't quite right!
Current Projects: Legend of Zelda Magnet Set, Mario Kart coasters (50% done - Mario and Peach finished, Yoshi and Luigi or Toad pending)
Finished Projects: Assorted Coasters, Mega Man 2 Robot Master Magnets, Angry Birds Magnets

lauram340
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by lauram340 »

Thats cool. I am currently making a rather huge pattern with a fair few colours in it and I am starting to get confused with colours. What one would you go with personally? The KG chart or the other one?