Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Post your completed patterns here...
bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Post by bikyclist »

So I LOVE the idea of a Tetris heart, but I couldn't get behind the patterns I found out there with incomplete blocks, so I made one that uses only whole Tetris blocks. As in, if no-lines-had-been-won-yet style blocks, if that makes sense to your inner Tetris player. Also, no two blocks of the same shape touch.

It might be easier to just look at the pattern. :nod
tetris heart 2.sth
2px width blocks.
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 1878 times

Wanna see it in four different shades?
Spoiler
in four different shades.
in four different shades.
4hearts.jpg (49.15 KiB) Viewed 16543 times
I've backstitched the outline in metallic thread here --not that you can really tell -- but you can do without or however suits your style!!

(Technically its now done in 5 shades, black/white being the last, placed in the middle, but I don't have a pic of that version of the piece yet. :P)

MissNelyra
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Post by MissNelyra »

Love it! Probably the best tetris heart i've seen so far :D Might give it a shot, thanks for sharing!
Sorry about my english, french is my primary language!

jadeskies
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by jadeskies »

I like the metallic bits on the one. A bit of sparkle.

The four different shades would look lovely on a bookmark for that special person... or yourself :)

Jen

bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by bikyclist »

It would be about the right size for a bookmark! Great idea. My mums birthday is coming up too :)

haveyoumetlisa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by haveyoumetlisa »

Wow, that is a very impressive pattern! And the hearts with the similar color-family are really pretty. Nice work!!

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Beautiful :D

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

I'd love to make these. Do you think you could let me know the color combinations to all of them. i think the colors you have choosen are spot on so I don't want to change it I'd also like the combo for the white black one. Thanks :)

bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by bikyclist »

SephreniaMusic wrote:I'd love to make these. Do you think you could let me know the color combinations to all of them. i think the colors you have choosen are spot on so I don't want to change it I'd also like the combo for the white black one. Thanks :)
I actually just picked colours that looked nice together! I don't have my floss organised to have the DMC numbers attached and I started out using up the little bits of leftover thread from years worth of projects, which came out of a bag of such threads, so in all honesty the only colours that I know for certain I used are black, white and the five metallic threads, which were Gold-5282, Black-E310, Purple-E718, Green-E699 and Blue-E825.

I'm so sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

bikyclist wrote:
SephreniaMusic wrote:I'd love to make these. Do you think you could let me know the color combinations to all of them. i think the colors you have choosen are spot on so I don't want to change it I'd also like the combo for the white black one. Thanks :)
I actually just picked colours that looked nice together! I don't have my floss organised to have the DMC numbers attached and I started out using up the little bits of leftover thread from years worth of projects, which came out of a bag of such threads, so in all honesty the only colours that I know for certain I used are black, white and the five metallic threads, which were Gold-5282, Black-E310, Purple-E718, Green-E699 and Blue-E825.

I'm so sorry I couldn't be more helpful!
O NO!!! I suck at picking colors, mostly because I'm so insecure but I guess I could see this as a courage bilding experiment :grin:

bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by bikyclist »

SephreniaMusic wrote: O NO!!! I suck at picking colors, mostly because I'm so insecure but I guess I could see this as a courage bilding experiment :grin:
Well, good luck!! They should look pretty good with pretty much any 7 shades as long as there is a good bit of differentiation between them -- if I was to do the blue one again I'd pick more carefully, as two of the shades are a bit close together; but the green one which has colours that I don't intrinsically find appealing works really well as a whole, because they are all such different shades of green.
Post a picture when you're done!! I'd love to see other versions!